Problems accessing HTTPS domains on BSNL Bharat Fiber Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter thadougamer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 4,727
Would be interesting to see which CA signed the now untrusted certificate, the websites are presenting. You should be able to see it by clicking the padlock symbol on the address bar and clicking details.

ZB84t9C.png

Looks like it was problem with my router. After resetting the router, the problem is gone. Dunno why all of a sudden the router is creating such a problem.

Recently, I enabled Remote Management via DDNS. Disabled now. Could be the culprit.

the way bsnl seems to be operating, might be a good idea to secure your dns and even web traffic.

thankfully things are becoming easier and cheaper than ever before. need this with jio coming and taking over the entire market.

to block these ads and trackers...

this is different. snooping by your isp and your government is a whole lot more dangerous than a random website trying to make money to stay online. if you just want to block ads, you can just use adguard dns.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I thought an open source firmware would block ads / popups and the whole lot.

And reg Reliance Jio, firstly their new b.b plan tariffs looked underwhelming at best. And secondly I'm very cautious of anything Reliance. After reading about their business dealings / Reliance Power IPO etc.

I'm very satisfied with my bsnl ftth connection as of now. As regarding the issues faced by BSNL... I feel its more of a PSU issue, with bad management over decades like in Banks and Air India. Hopefully the new govt will slowly clean up this mess...

changing dns on your computer/mobile is whole lot easier than setting up VPN on a router or configuring a pi 😀

though 1.1.1.1 is turning out to be a good option wrt securing your phone traffic. no ad blocker though.