Problem With The Speed While Downloading Torrents

• Thread starter Thread starter renny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,857

renny

ISP
mtnl
I have mtnl triband connections dsl nu 599 @ 256kbps-2mbps.when i download a normal file or softwre wth the help of download manager i get tranfer rate upto 103-184 kbps& when i download torrents with the help of "utorrent" or any other torrent downloader i get the trnsfer rate in bytes . ther is a connection sign which prompts thre is limited or no connection .how can it be possible can anyone hlp me out with this prob.

may be port forwarding issue...u r using bridge or pppoe mode??

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Feb 20 2007, 06:10 AM) [snapback]80578[/snapback]
may be port forwarding issue...u r using bridge or pppoe mode??[/b]
usin pppoe .can u help me out with port forwardin .wht will happen if i do port forwardin

search the forum to how to connect via bridge mode.. using bridge mode, u tend to surpass all port forwarding issues..after which, you'll have better speeds in utorrent

Is it a open or closed torrent. Well most open torrent would hardly give you nice speeds for the lack of dedicated seeders 🙂

QUOTE(ashishgoel @ Feb 21 2007, 02:51 AM) [snapback]80650[/snapback]
search the forum to how to connect via bridge mode.. using bridge mode, u tend to surpass all port forwarding issues..

after which, you'll have better speeds in utorrent[/b]

as i hve D-Link glb 502T wht will be the procedure to wrk it in brgde mode. is there any problem goin 4 thse settings

hmmm....since utorrent is creatin complications...why not go for the plain n simple Bitcomet...........???????

QUOTE(ReNNy @ Feb 19 2007, 01:46 AM) [snapback]80452[/snapback]
I have mtnl triband connections dsl nu 599 @ 256kbps-2mbps.[/b]

which is this dsl nu 599 plan boss?
night unlimited?

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Feb 21 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]80710[/snapback]
hmmm....since utorrent is creatin complications...why not go for the plain n simple Bitcomet...........???????[/b]
Ive nw downloaded azereus i get upto 40kbps ka speed n its not consistent m also not gettin full connection due 2 nat prob as the downloader is sayin is till 40ks normal or should i get more dwnload speed

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Feb 26 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]81276[/snapback]
wots the bandwidth alloted to u...256kbps or 2mbps ???[/b]
in the modem configuration window of D-Link 502t it shws connected 260kbps/2048kbps

there's nothing wrong with your mtnl connection speed.torrent speeds are also dependent on the seeds/leech ratio.for torrent files that have a high number of seeds (ratio > 1), you have a better chance of maxing out your bandwidth.problem with most public trackers is that you seldom get good speeds.i'm using mainly private trackers e.g. link-removed, Torrent-Leech etc, which easily give me 220kb/sec torrent speeds on my MTNL 2mbps connection.my advice is, either try to find public torrents with high no. of seeds, or start using private torrent sites.of course, private torrent sites expect users to maintain a good download/upload ratio, in the spirit of sharing 🙂

40kBps on a 2mbps conn is NOT normal its way below normal........yaar go thru the thread again...there r a no. of thing which cud go wrong while using torrents........port forwarding, firewall blockin ports, unhealthy torrents and sometimes there r no reasons as to why ur torrent speed won't be as good as http. Like i tried using azureus but it jus won't dwld above 2-5kBps .....even after doin necessary things....so i use plain n simple BitComet.