• Thread starter Thread starter ajbhat1990
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,212

ajbhat1990

ISP
BSNL
I recently changed my plan from the existing 900 plan to the 1350 one ,

From the 1st day of the month I was supposed to get speeds on 2mbps uptil 20gb , during which i got transfer rates of 200kbps . Is that normal ?Or should i get more ?

More so ever , i assume that my 20 gbs got over so i should be getting 512 kbps after that right ? But I am getting transfer speeds of26-28 kbps .

Here is the result of my speedtest
http://speedtest.net/result/1942293475.png

Also I ve changed my modem and its a TP-Link TD - w8901G ADSL2 54 mbps wireless modem . Does it have anything to do with why I am not getting speeds ?

Have i reverted back to 256 kbps ?

Any help will be appreciated

Firstly you are supposed to be getting 4 Mbps till 20GB or 30GB (depending on your telecom circle) not 2 Mbps. Secondly, if you're supposed to be getting 4 Mbps till 30 GB then you get 256 Kbps after you cross 30 GB not 512 Kbps.

Yeah , the scheme mentioned 4mbps till 20gb , 512 after that . I dont get it , I called at their offices , they told me to change the DNS , nothing helped . Still getting 256, I even asked them to check their docs to see if it was 512 , and it was 512 . the only way they say is to change the plan ? Thats not even a satisfactory reply . If its written 512, why dont i get 512..

See if data rate is capped in modem. If yes, ask them to change at your port at exchange.

Sorry to say but I am a newbie to all this ..You ll have to help me out step by step , I could not get what you want ...Help would be appreciated . Thanks 🙂

Log in to modem, post the main page where there will be many values including data rate.

ADSL Firmware Version:FwVer:3.12.8.31_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_7.0 Line State:Showtime Modulation:ADSL2 PLUS Annex Mode:ANNEX_A Downstream Upstream SNR Margin:35.7 9.5 dbLine Attenuation:17.3 13.0 dbData Rate:1999 836 kbpsMax Rate:25348 991 kbpsCRC:0 0

Would that help me in getting 512kbps instead of 256 ?

Can i change the values myself ? If yes how ?

----------

The problem is if you ask me to get one of the guy from bsnl , they dont know anything , the other day , a similar problem had come , so a man came from the exchange and he said that i was not getting speeds because i had connected a cordless phone near the modem ....

Visit local exchange and ask someone knowledgeable to change port speed limit to 4 Mbps. Regarding getting 256 Kbps instead of 512, that is something to do at exchange.

Okay , I did it , but the people at the exchange say that they can do nothing about it . I called at the place where they have the server and the person there said that it was 512 and that i should change the DNS , I did change my DNS but nothing has changed 😕 I dont know what I should be doing . On top of that the exchange guys are questioning me asking me why I finished all the 20gb's so early in like (8 days) . IPlus they are saying that now the speed increase will only be possible on the 1st of next month . I mean . Just tired now , of not getting answers at all What do I do the next time ? Which plan do I take ? Is there anything that can be done now ... ?

Resetting the port at exchange can do things. I have heard if you keep downloading even after finishing FUP, it may affect the lower speed limit. But that too should be fine by a port reset at exchange. Use the link above and complain there too.

I have asked them to reset the port at the exchange , Lets see what they do now ?

Anyone of you here use any BSNL plans where you get 512 after the allocated gb's are over?

----------

They said they changed the port ... but the speed doesnt seem to increase ..

ADSL Firmware Version
:
FwVer:3.12.8.31_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_7.0

Line State
:
Showtime

Modulation
:
ADSL2 PLUS

Annex Mode
:
ANNEX_A