Problem With Portforwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter Superman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,636

Superman

ISP
bsnl 900 plus
Ok my problem goes like this........ i have a Huawei quidway WA1003a model provided by the bsnl guys which is configured on pppoe mode now my problem is that on www.portforwarding.com under the brand's name " Huawei " only smartx modems are provided .....now i am confused which one to choose... - - -

SMARTAX-MT-800
Smartax-MT-841
SmartAX-MT882
SmartAX-MT882v2
SmartAX-MT882v3

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME IN DESPERATE NEED OF SOME 🙁 🙁 🙁

if you can use the modem / router in bridge mode thenthere will be no need to worry about port forwarding ... however , portforwarding of WA1003A is similar to SmartAX MT841 .

QUOTE(Superman @ Feb 27 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]81495[/snapback]
Ok my problem goes like this........ i have a Huawei quidway WA1003a model provided by the bsnl guys which is configured on pppoe mode now my problem is that on www.portforwarding.com under the brand's name \" Huawei \" only smartx modems are provided .....now i am confused which one to choose... - - -[/b]

Here is how I managed to do this:
https://broadband.forum/index.php?showtopic=9961

Let me know if you have any further questions.

QUOTE(bsnluser @ Mar 3 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]81969[/snapback]
Here is how I managed to do this:
https://broadband.forum/index.php?showtopic=9961
Let me know if you have any further questions.[/b]
Thanks a lot for replying ....but could u please how to get about the Mac address thingi.....in the cmd when i type GetMAC i get two colums -

1.Physical address
2.Transport address..

Though i did try to port forward and just continused without typing the MAC address

which should i use in the column in Advanced> LAN clients .........also i read the static ip config on www.portforward.com an they generated a static ip through a small table placed in that column....should i use that ip since i have placed that ip in my TCP/IP config......also for the hostname..sholud i be using my name or bsnl dataone broadband???? 🙁

QUOTE(Superman @ Mar 3 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]82032[/snapback]
Thanks a lot for replying ....but could u please how to get about the Mac address thingi.....in the cmd when i type GetMAC i get two colums -

1.Physical address
2.Transport address..

Though i did try to port forward and just continused without typing the MAC address
which should i use in the column in Advanced> LAN clients .........also i read the static ip config on www.portforward.com an they generated a static ip through a small table placed in that column....should i use that ip since i have placed that ip in my TCP/IP config......also for the hostname..sholud i be using my name or bsnl dataone broadband???? 🙁[/b]

I cannot try this out myself right now, but take note that physical address is always the MAC address. So, after reading through the link I provided before, try this:
1. give your computer, to which you want to forward the ports, a fixed ip address (from its Network Connections wizard, give your LAN card a fixed IP address).
2. in your BSNL modem, just use the IP address of that machine or the mac address of that machine and try to forwards ports (see which of these two methods works).

let me know how that goes.

QUOTE(bsnluser @ Mar 4 2007, 10:48 AM) [snapback]82077[/snapback]
I cannot try this out myself right now, but take note that physical address is always the MAC address. So, after reading through the link I provided before, try this:
1. give your computer, to which you want to forward the ports, a fixed ip address (from its Network Connections wizard, give your LAN card a fixed IP address).
2. in your BSNL modem, just use the IP address of that machine or the mac address of that machine and try to forwards ports (see which of these two methods works).

let me know how that goes.[/b]

i used the ip of the the comp....and it wors perfectly 😀.....thanks a lot u rock...!.....also could u do me just one more favour and tell me which port(S) should i use in case of port forwarding cs (counter-strike 1.6 and condition zero)

ok now ive switched back to bridge mode but now im gettin speeds like 18-19 kB\s 🙁.....please help me out.....also do i need to port forward in bridge mode also how to setup a static ip while still being in bridge mode ???????............since the problem is when i play counter strike and create a server then my brother or friends from mumbai cannot connect to it and get a message - "server not responding".......one of my friends said that this can be dude to the dynamic ip provided by default...please help 🙁

QUOTE(Superman @ Mar 9 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]82725[/snapback]
ok now ive switched back to bridge mode but now im gettin speeds like 18-19 kB\s 🙁.....please help me out.....also do i need to port forward in bridge mode[/b]
Speeds shouldn't have changed. No, no need to forward ports in your modem when it is working bridge mode. In modem's bridge mode, you computer's LAN card get a public address.

QUOTE(Superman @ Mar 9 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]82725[/snapback]
also how to setup a static ip while still being in bridge mode ???????.[/b]
You need to use of those dynamic IP services to get a hostname for yourself. There are many such services which are free (e.g. http://no-ip.org, http://dyndns.org, etc). Register on one of these, make a domain name for youself, install their client on your computer (it will update your IP information every time you get a new IP) and then tell all your friends your domain name to use. And ... enjoy your games 🙂

QUOTE(bsnluser @ Mar 10 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]82794[/snapback]
You need to use of those dynamic IP services to get a hostname for yourself. There are many such services which are free (e.g. http://no-ip.org, http://dyndns.org, etc). Register on one of these, make a domain name for youself, install their client on your computer (it will update your IP information every time you get a new IP)[/b]

i did all of this and recieved a domain name of pravek.dyndns.org now what do i do as soon as i create a game (or as called on cs - server) .....how do i ask them to connect to the server or game i created ..???????

QUOTE(Superman @ Mar 11 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]82979[/snapback]
i did all of this and recieved a domain name of pravek.dyndns.org now what do i do as soon as i create a game (or as called on cs - server) .....how do i ask them to connect to the server or game i created ..???????[/b]

Instead of giving them your ip address, give them this domain name. Make sure you have done the stuff to keep dyndns updated from your computer. That is essential, this will keep the domain name pointing to your ip address even if the ip address changed.

So, if you were giving your ip address, e.g. 1.2.3.4, to your friends, just replace that ip address with your new domain name and distribute that info to your fellow players.