Problem with Nokia OVI Store Music Downloads !

• Thread starter Thread starter icycool25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,767

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
ISP
BSNL Broadband 750 UL @ Rs.500 pm
Hi Guys,After a lot of searching and evaluations, I purchased the Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic and am quite happy with the phone. Then I had called up the Nokia helpline for some issues and they were kind enough to mail me a free 25 song free download voucher from their store. But unfortunately, whenever I try to download from their store, the speed is horribly low like 660 bytes/sec to 1.33 kb/sec. And after something, the download would stop stating "The connection to the server was lost or reset". And still my credit for 25 song downloads are being deducted even though I am not getting the song. WTF ? I am on a 256 k connection...! I immediately tried downloading content from some other servers and there I found the speed to be good enough, around 27-30 kbps. But whats wrong with the Nokia OVI Store ? Are they purposely keeping the speed low so that we can't actually download anything ?

I think the speed depends on your connection's GPRS speed.This is what you get on GPRS networks.Its not Nokia's fault.

GPRS ? Did you even read what I stated ? I am using a 256 k BSNL Broadband connection and the speed is just fine when I am downloading stuff from other servers. I am not getting the correct speed from the OVI store ! Thats what I mentioned in my post !!!

GPRS ? Did you even read what I stated ? I am using a 256 k BSNL Broadband connection and the speed is just fine when I am downloading stuff from other servers. I am not getting the correct speed from the OVI store ! Thats what I mentioned in my post !!!

I'll shut my whore mouth now.

And still my credit for 25 song downloads are being deducted even though I am not getting the song.

and Nokia is surprised why they cannot beat Apple with their comes with music service.

and Nokia is surprised why they cannot beat Apple with their comes with music service.

Words out of my mouth, i also got a free voucher with one of the Nokia phone. tried to use it, got an error - threw it away. who needs these vouchers when you have access to loads of music anyways.