Problem with MTNL 3499 4 Mbps Plan....

• Thread starter Thread starter The MasTer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,132

The MasTer

ISP
airtel
As a heavy media download-er, I applied for the MTNL 3499 4 mbps unlimited plan....they changed the plan with 30 hrs... and my profile shows download speed of 4 mbps on the register.bol.net...but i am getting constant 2 mbps only,....i called them... they registered a complaint.... its been 2 days.... but .... constant speed is 2 mbps...what shud i do.... this is annoying......please suggest me./...

What is your sync rate on your modem page (192.168.1.1) ?

Post a screenshot from speedtest.net and MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LIMITED

yes, if i have to logon to the modem ... i have to type 192.168.1.1 in my address bar.

SNR Margin 16.9 18.8
Line Attn 54.0 35.8
Data Rate 2304 573
Att Rate 6920 1005
Power 18.3 11.3
CRC 2 0

The screenshot that u asked for is :

http://pzy.be/v/17/untitled.jpg

Check your downstream rate on your router or modem page....if its 1999kbps or 2048kbps ask MTNL to change it to 3999kbps or 4096kbps respectively and you should get 4mbps....

they are not doing it... called them thrice.,.. they said will be done from server exchange people.... but no progress!! canb d customer care help me..??

Well I had the same problem sometime back.....I'm with BSNL at the moment.....the normal CC people told me the same thing you got, so I went to my local exchange and talked to someone higher up and they got the job done....try doing the same for your connection...

I just called thge customer care.... thry said.. the issue is pending from the servers side.... they will resolve it in some time... if i dont get a positive response from them till tomorrow.. i am gonna change my plan... or even file a recovery suit against them,,,

Send an email to:

gmbb[at]bol.net.in
deadsl[at]bol.net.in
debbkbn[at]bol.net.in

describing the problem.

Should be done in a day or two.

The data rate they've given you is just 2304kbit/s - this is wrong. So they've changed the settings so they can bill you for 4 mbit/s, but not the settings so they can actually deliver it.

yes, if i have to logon to the modem ... i have to type 192.168.1.1 in my address bar.

SNR Margin 16.9 18.8
Line Attn 54.0 35.8
Data Rate 2304 573
Att Rate 6920 1005
Power 18.3 11.3
CRC 2 0

Your SNR Margin is very low & your Line Attn is far far too high plus you also are geting CRC. You basically have two problems
1) A line problem probably dirty contacts &
2) You are synced at a wrong speed.
Wait for the server side to do their bit then check if you are getting what you are paying for next speak to your DE/SDE for (1).

Your SNR Margin is very low & your Line Attn is far far too high plus you also are geting CRC. You basically have two problems
1) A line problem probably dirty contacts &
2) You are synced at a wrong speed.
Wait for the server side to do their bit then check if you are getting what you are paying for next speak to your DE/SDE for (1).

I think the SNR margin is fine - roughly in the medium range but should not expect any real problems. Low would be 6dB, not 16 - you don't have to have an outstanding (29+dB) connection to avail of a measly 4mbit/s.

The attenuation is a bit on the high side, but not enough to cause *too* many problems, since the attainable rate on the line is still capable of over 6mbit/s - I stole this from dslreports.com: