Problem with ICICI Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 18,293
I am working as a Software Engineer for about 8+ years and very much dependent on the salary bank account for all the transactions.From the beginning I had unlimited Transaction on my ATM card for cash retrieval from any Bank ATM without any charges.I has used ICICI, HDFC & Citibank with these features.Now my present company has forced to use ICICI account (Which I dont like).Now ICICI says that in non-ICICI bank ATMs, more than 5 transactions will be charged (just like a normal account in any bank) which is ridiculous. One CC/Bank representative says am in Privilege Banking, other says I am not. I have a good salary and FDs with the bank but still I am told that I do not satisfy their conditions which are not properly explained.My question is, Is not Salary Bank given more privileges on any bank? Is ICICI bank misbehaving in my case?Further I perform 30-40 online transactions per month on average, which are free for salary accounts, thankfully ICICI bank doe snot charge for it. I cannot use other bank accounts since the transaction charges will be too high for the no of transactions.Is there any solution for this?Sample this: I have been to some ICICI ATMs which do not have power back up and wont work on any power cut, its so pathetic sometimes.

I wonder if you would have felt the same, if the topic had changed to warthog's nose piercing or discussing how bobby accidentally ended up having a cockroach in his mouth.*Dont ask why the above examples - they just popped in my head when thinking of random offtopic stuff we have had on the forum.

Yup. Dont block. Either keep it or get it exchanged for an ATM card or surrender it, the last two, if possible, of course.

It's been almost a Decade since i have seen a pure ATM card. I don't think any private bank issues a PURE ATM Card.

Well, the HDFC account opening form still has it, unless they haven't bothered to fix the document.

If they still issue it, then it's great and every bank should have the option to let the customer choose either of the 2.I purely use my ICICI debit card as an ATM, have never used it as a Debit card.

9 debit cards :silly:i prefer credit card over debit card because i know how to manage my credit card. also the cashback i get on it. i would not trust my dad or mom with a credit card though 😀

How u manage to get cashback on credit card? I hardly find anything which provides a cashback on using certain credit card ..And the bank nowadays don't have any cashback type credit card .. Isn't it?I too prefer using credit card over debit card .. But can't handle multiple credit cards .. Max 2 I can use and manage without any issue ..

Now a days very few credit cards offer cash backs, specially the credit cards with annual fees have good cashback.Anyways credit cards are effective when u have multiple cards, you need to swipe them according to the billing date to get maximum time for repayment.

Citibank has Cashback Titanium Card.Rewards Platinum Card and an Indianoil Platinum card with benefits similar to the HPCL CC

Hi,

We would like to understand your concerns. Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon. Kindly refer '3199494' in the subject line.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

@moin - My wishes are with you. Let us know if you are successful in the mission of getting information out properly from them.