Problem with ICICI Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 18,308
I am working as a Software Engineer for about 8+ years and very much dependent on the salary bank account for all the transactions.From the beginning I had unlimited Transaction on my ATM card for cash retrieval from any Bank ATM without any charges.I has used ICICI, HDFC & Citibank with these features.Now my present company has forced to use ICICI account (Which I dont like).Now ICICI says that in non-ICICI bank ATMs, more than 5 transactions will be charged (just like a normal account in any bank) which is ridiculous. One CC/Bank representative says am in Privilege Banking, other says I am not. I have a good salary and FDs with the bank but still I am told that I do not satisfy their conditions which are not properly explained.My question is, Is not Salary Bank given more privileges on any bank? Is ICICI bank misbehaving in my case?Further I perform 30-40 online transactions per month on average, which are free for salary accounts, thankfully ICICI bank doe snot charge for it. I cannot use other bank accounts since the transaction charges will be too high for the no of transactions.Is there any solution for this?Sample this: I have been to some ICICI ATMs which do not have power back up and wont work on any power cut, its so pathetic sometimes.

in that case, close the account formally. it is never a good idea to have an inactive bank account as they would keep on cutting charges and eventually your balance would go into negative.

Axis Bank

http://www.axisbank.com/download/Saving-Ac-OpeningForm.pdf

Section B) DEBIT CARD DETAILS

Required Yes/No - Why is that needed, if its mandatory?

"The Defense rests" 😀

Example -

http://www.hdfcbank.com/assets/pdf/Final_Aof_revised.pdf

On top of page 2 - Read
"To Apply for a debit card - Tick. You can refuse to/not tick that

And HDFC has zero fees for an ATM card.

yup most banks have it !

@anant.del

i do not think any bank today offer zero balance accounts by default. icici has a zero balance account but it is very restrictive in nature. even government banks require you to have 500 bucks as minimum balance. salary accounts of course are different. but regular savings account with zero balance feature are almost non-existing today.

lolz

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/banking/article3381085.ece

in that case, close the account formally. it is never a good idea to have an inactive bank account as they would keep on cutting charges and eventually your balance would go into negative.

dam no ..... thats only account I have in a pvt a bank and there are no other charges apart from the card charges..

Yeah but in order to do online transactions one need to have a debit card for grid authentication ..Not sure wht the other banks do ... But the way ICICI do is quite secured ..Anyways.. in this time and age opening an account without a debit card is next to useless .. Rs.100 yearly fee is not tht much and the time it saves u is lot more than Rs100 ..

yeap. icici online transactions require you to have the user id, login password, transaction password and access to your debit card. gets rather annoying at times.

Yeah but in order to do online transactions one need to have a debit card for grid authentication ..
Not sure wht the other banks do ... But the way ICICI do is quite secured ..

Anyways.. in this time and age opening an account without a debit card is next to useless .. Rs.100 yearly fee is not tht much and the time it saves u is lot more than Rs100 ..

I used a bank that uses a different authentication(Token style). HDFC has password only. And I opened a savings account with the only reason to set aside money for a personal reason. And it helped me remain determined not to spend using that account.

HDFC...wow so many ppl browsing this thread.this thread has become a hot topic for now 😀

Then simply try asking them if you can get an ATM card. Should be possible to switch.

Yeah but in order to do online transactions one need to have a debit card for grid authentication ..
Not sure wht the other banks do ... But the way ICICI do is quite secured ..

I think so thats is case with me too I think that the reason I got my card activated too lol 😀 will have to check with bank though..

HDFC...

wow so many ppl browsing this thread.this thread has become a hot topic for now 😀

Moin will be thinking - What just happened to my thread.

Moin will be thinking - What just happened to my thread.

his thread has been IBFed.

oh well better get to his problem then 😀

btw I have decided to keep the card...as getting it blocked might block my online account too which I dont want 😛

Yup. Dont block. Either keep it or get it exchanged for an ATM card or surrender it, the last two, if possible, of course.Back to Moin : I had suggested to write to customer care, so that response will be documented.