Problem with ICICI Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 18,306
I am working as a Software Engineer for about 8+ years and very much dependent on the salary bank account for all the transactions.From the beginning I had unlimited Transaction on my ATM card for cash retrieval from any Bank ATM without any charges.I has used ICICI, HDFC & Citibank with these features.Now my present company has forced to use ICICI account (Which I dont like).Now ICICI says that in non-ICICI bank ATMs, more than 5 transactions will be charged (just like a normal account in any bank) which is ridiculous. One CC/Bank representative says am in Privilege Banking, other says I am not. I have a good salary and FDs with the bank but still I am told that I do not satisfy their conditions which are not properly explained.My question is, Is not Salary Bank given more privileges on any bank? Is ICICI bank misbehaving in my case?Further I perform 30-40 online transactions per month on average, which are free for salary accounts, thankfully ICICI bank doe snot charge for it. I cannot use other bank accounts since the transaction charges will be too high for the no of transactions.Is there any solution for this?Sample this: I have been to some ICICI ATMs which do not have power back up and wont work on any power cut, its so pathetic sometimes.

That's very strange. Do you get any of the other facilities that usually come along with a Salary account?

Other Salary account benefits:
Free NEFT transactions
Zero account balance
No debit card charges
No DD charges till certain amount

But only NEFT charges matter to me, others are not important!

I bank with HDFC Bank, Citibank and ICICI Bank. Wiht out doubt, ICICI Bank is the lousiest. I perform most of my transactions with card, hence, I carry very little cash. The only ATM near my place is from Axis Bank, which remains down most of the time. Hence, I'm forced to carry out most of the payments online.Since all these banks have iPhone apps, banking has become more convenient. ICICI Bank again has the lousiest app. Many a times, it just does not connect to the server, whereas, HDFC Bank and Citibank connect in a flash even over EDGE network. ICICI Bank's app shows total credit card outstanding, not the amount payable for the previous billing cycle. So, when I have to make my payment, I have to log in with the browser or look in old messages/mails to check for payable amount. The app is extremely inferior compared to apps of other banks.Overall, ICICI Bank is the airtel of banking.

^ You have HDFC and still says ICICI is the lousiest? That's interesting. For me, HDFC is the lousiest of them all. Probably the worst in India. Citibank has been the best for me. They don't have a flashy UI, but what their online and phone banking self service facilities, as well as their customer care, have always been top notch, touchwood. ICICI Bank too has been very good with their self service options, and while I am not a fan of their ridiculous wait times, I have always got a response on their online banking.HDFC, I can't decide where to begin. Any single thing on the account needs to be changed, even a damn phone number or email ID, I have to visit the branch. Cash and cheque pick up are charged! WTF. Their customer care is NOT available 24 x 7 - that itself is the biggest shocker to me. In the 18 months I have had their account, I called them 3 times regarding some issue, and NOT ONE TIME did I manage to REACH the 'right' department. I just gave up. Not to mention that these 3 times involved around 20 calls - no exaggeration. The only reason I have their account is because it is a salary account.

I got an account at standard chartered because of the waiting times at ICICI Bank. But they opened a branch at my local market last year and there is absolutely no waiting time there. Planning to switch back to them full time next fiscal year.

There are ways to deal with banks, if you get them right, you can get yuor work done easily. I've had my share of problems with HDFC Bank. One good thing with them is that they are ready to correct. That is not the case with ICICI Bank.My car loan case of messed up by HDFC Bank, charged me higher EMI for 2 months and when they booked a new loan account, it was done with a higher interest rate. I recovered the excess EMI, interest and the mount they would have taken from me for 5 years (because of higher interest rate). That sounds impossible.The idiots of ICICI Bank never accept their mistakes. When they marooned demat application forms, they asked for fresh ones. They disabled my account because the central office misplaced the application sent from the bank. I suffered a loss, because I could not sell a stock! There are numerous other incidents with debit cards, ATM cards, ....... Less said that better about Internet and app banking.Well, I have had problems with Citibank as well. One fine day, they stopped by home loan EMI ECS from HDFC for no reason!

HDFC seems ok. But anything you need to update you need to visit the branch.And if you need to update the mobile number of HDFC credit card, you need to write a letter and and drop it in ATM or send them as snail mail 😀But my Credit history got messed up due to HDFC. I have never ever missed any payment for so many loans and credit cards but my credit history rating decreased because HDFC reported something negative which they are not ready to accept.Anyways i have stopped using it, its almost like a dormant account for me now. Didnt close the account since the HDFC branch is in front of my home 🙂, Can be useful in future!

^ Aah, that is another reason I hate HDFC. They pestered me to take a credit card when I was clearly not interested, and then made around 15 - ****ing fifteen - credit checks on my account. That hit my credit rating really bad. At the end of it all, they refused me the card because I wasn't able to give them a 'permanent' address proof. Bastards.

Hi,

Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon. Kindly refer '3224954' in the subject line.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

When I apply for upgrade of my current debit card to privilege banking gold card .. It ask me this "Is your previous Card linked to any a/c option? "Wht does it mean? I mean my current debit card is already linked to my saving accounts and while applying for the upgrade my bank account number is automatically selected in the dropdown .. So wht more a/c options can we link the debit card to .. Should I select yes or no in tht?So any idea wht this option means?

hmm...seems @moi did your problem get solved yet or your are back to the drawing board ?

Hi,

We would like to understand your concerns. Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon. Kindly refer '3199494' in the subject line.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

^I checked again for myself, got the same update. Privilege Banking, but with the privilege of 5 transactions on other bank ATMS

ICICI is back!Yesterday, I made two NEFT transactions to pay my credit card bills. Luckily it was for a smaller amount of 1000 each.Now the same transactions were automatically repeated today, money debited again!I called the customer care, they are saying that there was some technical issue and I need to get refund from the beneficiary!Isnt it ridiculous, Why would I need to get the money from the beneficiary when it is their mistake. They dont budge at all.Sad part is that the credit card companies typically dont refund the money, they direct us to use the money using credit card.My problem is that I generally make transaction of around 60k per month, most of them being 10k+ transactions. What if this happens again, how do I get the money?What is the solution for this?