Problem with error 678

• Thread starter Thread starter sabyasm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 49,651

sabyasm

Hi guys,

I was using BSNL broadband for the last 5 months and had absolutely no problem. But from the last 4-5 days I am getting the following problem : whenever I try to go for a "connect" - I am getting a stuck screen with "Connecting through WAN miniport PPPoE.." after soem 30 seconds I am gettign the following error :
Error 678: The remote computer doesnot respond".

So I am not being able to connect to broadband for the last few days. I have tried to ping the ip 192.168.1.1 but it is showing the "destination host unreachable". The same problem is with another PC I have in home.

Both the LAN card are working perfectly as I can make a peer to peer between them. The 3 lamps in the ADSL modem are steady (except the one which indicates the transfer of data).

Could anyone of you please help me out ? I badly need the broadband connection for office peropse during out of office hours. 🙁

Thanks in advance !

Check for "Deafult Route" in WAN settings. It should be "Enabled"

Reseeting option shud be there in Modem, which can be tried if u know how to set it up thereafter ( I dont know so I wont suggest any settings ).Otherwise ask the BSNL person to come and look at it or to replace the modem ( I guess urs has been purchased or rented from them ).

Thanks all !I use IBM computer.The problem is nto with the modem - the BSNL guy came with a laptop and the modem and connection is working for his laptop.There is definitely something wrong in my comp. Need to figure out that. But had no problem when I connected to my other comp using a peer-to-peer lan wire. So both the lan cards are working fine.any idea ? 🙁

The bsnl guy should have sorted out the problem.

Originally posted by sabyasm@Jul 1 2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks all !

I use IBM computer.

The problem is nto with the modem - the BSNL guy came with a laptop and the modem and connection is working for his laptop.

There is definitely something wrong in my comp. Need to figure out that. But had no problem when I connected to my other comp using a peer-to-peer lan wire. So both the lan cards are working fine.

any idea ?  🙁
[snapback]14423[/snapback]
[/quote]

BSNL guy came with a laptop. It is really unbelivable. Is it really true?

Did u check ur LAN settings? If ur LAN settings are not correct and that of the DNS entries are not correct U will get these types of error. Try and set it to correct settings if wrong. DNS : 61.1.96.69DNS2: 61.1.96.71

No I didn't meant the DNS of the router. I meant the DNS entries present in the LAN settings of the PC. locate it through Start->Settings->Network Connnection-> Local Area Connection. Right Click and goto properties. Double click the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and check for DNS entries there. That Page should be something like the image attached.

Check whether any of your LAN is configured with IP 192.168.1.1 as IP Address.If so, Tick against "Obtain IP Address Automatically". And then Ping.Check whether the PCI/USB Light is on in the Modem.If the problem persists take the Modem to the local exchange for a precise check.Take Care!

Hi guys,

I was using BSNL broadband for the last 5 months and had absolutely no problem. But from the last 4-5 days I am getting the following problem : whenever I try to go for a "connect" - I am getting a stuck screen with "Connecting through WAN miniport PPPoE.." after soem 30 seconds I am gettign the following error :
Error 678: The remote computer doesnot respond".

So I am not being able to connect to broadband for the last few days. I have tried to ping the ip 192.168.1.1 but it is showing the "destination host unreachable". The same problem is with another PC I have in home.

Both the LAN card are working perfectly as I can make a peer to peer between them. The 3 lamps in the ADSL modem are steady (except the one which indicates the transfer of data).

Could anyone of you please help me out ? I badly need the broadband connection for office peropse during out of office hours. 🙁

Thanks in advance !

Hi dudes ,
fist u shouild know that this is my 1st quot
i m very familiar with ur prob. because this is the same what happened with mebefore last 10 days.
BEFORE CONTINUING I MUST TELL U THAT I M SHARING MY OWN EXPIRINCE AND IM NOT EXPERT IN THIS

CAUSE OF THIS -----
ACTUALLY A VERY SMARTAND LOYAL DUDE FROM BSNL told me this problem is common in rainy season .
MY SOLUTION-----
THAT DUDE TOLD ME TO ASK THE TELEPHONE EXCHANGE
:yahoo: TO CHANGE THE VERTICAL:thumbsup: OF THE
BOX WHICH IS LOCATED OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE AT THE POLE(WHERE ALL COLONY TELEPHONES WIRES ARE CONNECTED)

AND FINISHED IT WORKED WITH ME DUDES.
SO DO IT RIGHT NOW (IF U WANT)

ANY DIFFICULTY U HAVE, THEN I MALWAYS RADY
REPLY IS MUST

2ND IS CHECK WHETGER MODEM IS IN PPOEE OR BRIDGING MODE
IT SHOULD BE BRIDGE

----------

Hi dudes ,
fist u shouild know that this is my 1st quot
i m very familiar with ur prob. because this is the same what happened with me
before last 10 days.
BEFORE CONTINUING I MUST TELL U THAT I M SHARING MY OWN EXPIRINCE AND IM NOT EXPERT IN THIS

CAUSE OF THIS -----
ACTUALLY A VERY SMARTAND LOYAL DUDE FROM BSNL told me this problem is
common in rainy season .
MY SOLUTION-----
THAT DUDE TOLD ME TO ASK THE TELEPHONE EXCHANGE
TO CHANGE THE VERTICAL OF THE
BOX WHICH IS LOCATED OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE AT THE POLE(WHERE ALL COLONY TELEPHONES WIRES ARE CONNECTED)

AND FINISHED IT WORKED WITH ME DUDES.
SO DO IT RIGHT NOW (IF U WANT)

ANY DIFFICULTY U HAVE, THEN I MALWAYS RADY
REPLY IS MUST