Problem with error 678

sabyasm

[OP]
Jun 29, 2005
Hi guys,

I was using BSNL broadband for the last 5 months and had absolutely no problem. But from the last 4-5 days I am getting the following problem : whenever I try to go for a "connect" - I am getting a stuck screen with "Connecting through WAN miniport PPPoE.." after soem 30 seconds I am gettign the following error :
Error 678: The remote computer doesnot respond".

So I am not being able to connect to broadband for the last few days. I have tried to ping the ip 192.168.1.1 but it is showing the "destination host unreachable". The same problem is with another PC I have in home.

Both the LAN card are working perfectly as I can make a peer to peer between them. The 3 lamps in the ADSL modem are steady (except the one which indicates the transfer of data).

Could anyone of you please help me out ? I badly need the broadband connection for office peropse during out of office hours. :(

Thanks in advance !

BSNL_CMD

Regular
Regulars
Jun 26, 2005
Reseeting option shud be there in Modem, which can be tried if u know how to set it up thereafter ( I dont know so I wont suggest any settings ).Otherwise ask the BSNL person to come and look at it or to replace the modem ( I guess urs has been purchased or rented from them ).

sabyasm

[OP]
Jun 29, 2005
Thanks all !I use IBM computer.The problem is nto with the modem - the BSNL guy came with a laptop and the modem and connection is working for his laptop.There is definitely something wrong in my comp. Need to figure out that. But had no problem when I connected to my other comp using a peer-to-peer lan wire. So both the lan cards are working fine.any idea ? :(

A

abdulrahman004

The bsnl guy should have sorted out the problem.

anand_n

Jun 24, 2005
Originally posted by sabyasm@Jul 1 2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks all !

I use IBM computer.

The problem is nto with the modem - the BSNL guy came with a laptop and the modem and connection is working for his laptop.

There is definitely something wrong in my comp. Need to figure out that. But had no problem when I connected to my other comp using a peer-to-peer lan wire. So both the lan cards are working fine.

any idea ?  :(
[snapback]14423[/snapback]
[/quote]

BSNL guy came with a laptop. It is really unbelivable. Is it really true?

rajeskrishna

May 12, 2005
Did u check ur LAN settings? If ur LAN settings are not correct and that of the DNS entries are not correct U will get these types of error. Try and set it to correct settings if wrong. DNS : 61.1.96.69DNS2: 61.1.96.71

pupudada

Regulars
Regulars
May 11, 2005
i have no entries in my `dns' and yet have no problems in connecting.. seems strange.. Pupudada!

rajeskrishna

May 12, 2005
No I didn't meant the DNS of the router. I meant the DNS entries present in the LAN settings of the PC. locate it through Start->Settings->Network Connnection-> Local Area Connection. Right Click and goto properties. Double click the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and check for DNS entries there. That Page should be something like the image attached.