Problem with BSNL Broadband or my modem?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,981
ISP
Jio Fiber
After issues with my old modem getting error 678 etc.

I got a new modem router. TP-Link TD-W8961N 300Mbps

I set up the new modem router using PPPoE mode entered username password, set up the wifi and it was working fine since yesterday till this afternoon.

Then internet stopped working I opened the modem setting page and the modem had gone from PPPoE mode to Bridge mode automatically. This didn't happen again but rest of the problem remains.

the Internet isn't working, it gets disconnected after some time and won't work without factory reset every time as i mentioned in edit. What is up with this BSNL Broadband?

How can i solve the issue?

Edit: So i reset my router modem and again set it up as new now the internet is working. Does this mean I have to freaking factory reset it every time the internet stops working?

Edit 2 : So the internet stopped again but the mode didn't changed. What should i do? I cannot possibly hard reset the modem everytime.

TLDR; My BSNL Broadband won't work until I factory reset my modem router each time.

Last edited:
Hi, Nobody could change the pppoe mode to bridged mode. Did you change your admin user id and password? if you change it , nobody could harm your router.
I would also advise you to install avast antivirus which contains wifi inspector component for network vulnerabllities and solution.
I would also advise you to install Routercheck beta for pc, and monitor your network.
Both are free but effective tools.
I am not a commercial representative , but those tools always helped me in finding the vulnerabilities.
Once you change the admin id and pw, you are safe.
I

@rajujayaraman I had changed the admin user id and password. No one could have possibly changed the mode. That's why I am so confused how did this happened.

even if we forget about how the mode changed, can you explain to me why the internet started working after the reset of modem router. Any guesses for that? 🙂

Electronics ways are not predictable. You mean reset and reconfiguret. Is it not? What is the mode now? I do not think that it auto changes the mode unlike there is default settings in the router.
You could have selected PPPoe and inadvertantly selected the bridge mode and saved.
So onlly for precaution i recommended the two tools that i use for checking .
I am getting atleast 4 to 6 router vulnerabilities attack on google bookmar. I am daily receiving .
the router gateway is for internet connection, and it is not just an electronic, but gate to so much hackers with their programs of always trying to attack routers.

Hi, Shubham, so, it seems that you do not have internet access with the new router.
did you follow the guidelines for your router given in this link. check
Source

What is the error message you get , when you troubleshoot network connection.