Problem with BSNL broadband and router

Aswin

[OP]
Feb 25, 2018
Hello I'm new to IBF,
I'm using BSNL broadband for almost 5 years and yesterday I got a problem that in my router the internet light doesn't light up but ADSL is active and there is light on ADSL. Router using is iball baton 150m. I've checked the router log and found that router is not detecting DNS. I've tried using Google public DNS and others but no luck. I've resetted my router and then installed the router setup again and again no luck.
I could hear a sound of trimmer or wood cutter (chain saw) on the background of my landphone. Why is that sound happened and i really wants to fix both. Help me

aatuif

the geek in chief
Regulars
Feb 22, 2011
Ideally there shouldnt be any noise. Have you installed the adsl splitter the right way.

avikbara

Sep 3, 2017
Hello I'm new to IBF,
I'm using BSNL broadband for almost 5 years and yesterday I got a problem that in my router the internet light doesn't light up but ADSL is active and there is light on ADSL. Router using is iball baton 150m. I've checked the router log and found that router is not detecting DNS. I've tried using Google public DNS and others but no luck. I've resetted my router and then installed the router setup again and again no luck.
I could hear a sound of trimmer or wood cutter (chain saw) on the background of my landphone. Why is that sound happened and i really wants to fix both. Help me
My suggestion: Call BSNL and get them to fix it since you are referring to some background disturbance in line.
Try calling the nodal officer and be respectful in telling him your problem that will get your problem fixed faster than calling the call centre.
Good Luck!

Aswin

[OP]
Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for the quick response,
I've contacted theme and they came and fized the line. The sound was due to dry join and also problem with in splitter. But internet hasn't been fixed since they are doing some upgrades in the exchange, not for me but the problem exists for all other users too.

Aswin

[OP]
Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for the quick response,
I've contacted theme and they came and fized the line. The sound was due to dry join and also problem with in splitter. But internet hasn't been fixed since they are doing some upgrades in the exchange, not for me but the problem exists for all other users too.