Problem with Beetel 220 BX 1 ADSL 2+ Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter aj4k5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 11,450

aj4k5

ISP
MTNL/Airtel
I am Presently using Beetel 220 BX 1 ADSL 2+ Modem with both usb and ethernet ports connected to two computers. facing problem with the one connected to USB. it automatically stops transmissiting/Receiving data after some time, The network connection has to be disabled and then again enabledto resume the connectivity. Please resolve on priority.Regards

@aj4K5Welcome to Broadbandforum.inYou have not mentioned whether the other computer on LAN port was working normally. Please check whether "client TR069" is enabled.IN IE 192.168.1.1/main.html. Advanced settings.

Hi there i m the technical field engineer in bharti . Lets come on point company ( airtel ) has stopped to provide the USB connections due to the drops or u can say R.T.O problems. There is sudden disconnection u will face in usb connection but the lan will work fine . So my suggestion is do not use the usb connection u can just share one connection into two i.e on two pc by making one server ( it must have two lan cards ) one for uplink connection of internet and the other for sharing to other pc .

@aj4K5
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
You have not mentioned whether the other computer on LAN port was working normally.
Please check whether "client TR069" is enabled.
IN IE 192.168.1.1/main.html. Advanced settings.
Yes it is enabled and the ethernet connection is working absolutely fine.

Hi there i m the technical field engineer in bharti . Lets come on point company ( airtel ) has stopped to provide the USB connections due to the drops or u can say R.T.O problems. There is sudden disconnection u will face in usb connection but the lan will work fine . So my suggestion is do not use the usb connection u can just share one connection into two i.e on two pc by making one server ( it must have two lan cards ) one for uplink connection of internet and the other for sharing to other pc .
I got your point. Is there any other to overcome this problem and make my usb port work fine? Can Airtel provide any other modem with two ethernet ports on request?

USB did have some glitches, but on Vista my 220bx1 works just fine with default drivers (not those given by airtel).😀

b/w whats R.T.O? and why according to you disconnections happen with USB?

@members/shahiedinamdar/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co. Your participation here for advising on technical problems,
will be another plus point for AIRTEL CC if on official capacity.Check up with your superiors.
Huawei has a forum for their products, where their engineers also give replies.
My expeience.
Airtel NEVER gives anything in writing , except about tariff plans !!!! I used to get response/s only over the phone ! Of course prompt attention is always given. In one instance within 5 Minutes ( a field engineer was attending another customer nearby )

@mac Another interesting problem.
1.Usually when you use an USB ONLY modem, the power is drawn from the computer.
2.In Beetel220BX1(one), the modem gets power seperately,( from DC Adaptor 5V 1amp.)
3. The modem continues to work on computer with LANport
4. Computer with USB connection has to be disabled/enabled in Lan network card reconnected .What procedure was adopted not known. ,
without disturbing the LAN connected computer's.Internet surfing. 220BX1 working OK.
5.VISTA : Your report USB working fine. ( Stand Alone ?) Is it USB 2.0 ?.Why not try those Vista drivers in XP pro?

"Computer with USB connection has to be disabled/enabled in Lan network card"
I'm not sure but i think it has a USB connected LAN card in it thats why it works like that.
yes i have also wondered y it required the power even with USB. but then if it has a USB LAN card it will function like a LAN card. i.e., like the way ethernet card does with power.

Its a shame really but i don't know how to get those drivers out of vista to test in XP. they came in a windows update long ago. named as Pirelli USB drivers.
PS: orignal drivers used to crash but they were for 220BX not BX1:redface:

@mac thread mixed up ! I was talking about ZyXEL Prestige 630 only.Did not try USB port with Beetel220bxAdsl2+modem or 220BX1(one) or Mt882.Anyway please wait for feedback from @aj4k5.

as sushubh said better buy a switch.. you can get one for approx Rs500.. and its way better than the USB option!!i had a lot of problems with USB.. it used to get stuck sometimes.. i just used that option to see how it works.. i go the LAN way!!

I checked with Airtel, they are not providing any other modem with more than one ethernet port. anyway i have procured another card and i shall put two lan cards into one pc and connect through that.