Problem with Amplifier OR Cable wire OR STB?

hathway_user

ISP
vsnl
I purchased a Hathway digital STB 3 days back, I am a cable user in Hyderabad, I am not getting around 25 channels with my STB (like TV5news,Maa,Saptagiri,Kalaingar,etc...), if I am connecting cable wire directly to TV then I am getting these channels but not via STB. I checked the STB placing in one of my friends house (which is not in the same amplifier area i.e. not in my flat) there we are getting all channels without any problem.

Please let me know is there any problem with
Amplifier
or
with the cable wire (I think there is no problem with cable wire because if cable wire connected to TV then I am getting Maa,TV5, etc..)
or
STB (Cable operator tested with Humax STB and also with KAON STB both are unable to recieve above channels)

Please let me know ASAP 🙁, if it can't be rectified then I will see for some other alternative.

I purchased a Hathway digital STB 3 days back, I am a cable user in Hyderabad, I am not getting around 25 channels with my STB (like TV5news,Maa,Saptagiri,Kalaingar,etc...), if I am connecting cable wire directly to TV then I am getting these channels but not via STB. I checked the STB placing in one of my friends house (which is not in the same amplifier area i.e. not in my flat) there we are getting all channels without any problem.

Please let me know is there any problem with
Amplifier
or
with the cable wire (I think there is no problem with cable wire because if cable wire connected to TV then I am getting Maa,TV5, etc..)
or
STB (Cable operator tested with Humax STB and also with KAON STB both are unable to recieve above channels)

``````

My gut feel is that it is the amplifier.... Different channels get modulated into different frequencies and the channels that are modulated to higher frequencies require relatively stronger signals to be decoded effectively. Please check the signal stength of one of the weeker signals (in straight cable bypassing the stb). If your friends tv has stronger signal for this channel, my git feel is correct and you can request your cableguy to install an amplifier nearer to your connection..
Please let me know ASAP 🙁, if it can't be rectified then I will see for some other alternative.