Problem with Airtel BB Connection - Data L.E.D light

• Thread starter Thread starter Fiber_Optic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,373

Fiber_Optic

Regulars
Yesterday the data light on the beetel modem went off (link light was still on), and I couldn't connect to the net. I switched off the modem for about 2 hours and when I switched it on, the light was on and the connection was working properly.Today morning the same thing happened one again, the light went off and came back in about 20-30 minutes. What could be the problem, what is the data light for, and finally could the problem be on my side, like the modem overheating.

PPP Down... on ISP side... you were not getting ISP authentication on your login... contact Airtel and report if the problem is bothering you too much.:imbored:

PPP Down... on ISP side... you were not getting ISP authentication on your login... contact Airtel and report if the problem is bothering you too much.:imbored:

thanks, Its good to know the problem is on their side, I was worried I would have to change the modem

The problem can be with the modem also.... its between your modem and their server... can be either of the them. Unlikely with the modem if it happens once in a while.:imwink: