problem using yahoo with airtel dsl..

intellect2004

hi there!i bought a airtel dsl connection recently.. im unable to load the yahoo room list in yahoo messenger.. but the room list loads with other ISP.. i know that yahoo's disabled the user rooms.. but im talking abt the yahoo public rooms....anyone facing the same problem with airtel dsl.. ??any suggestion/help..?? plz reply.im connected with a D-Link adsl 502t router.regards

works fine here. sometime the list takes sometime to appear. but i logged in to yahoo! rooms easily.

i can enter chat rooms .. every thing else is fine.. i can also run my webcam.. the only issue im facing is that i not able to see the room list in the yahoo messenger ,, although categories are visible.. i tried many times but still yahoo roomlist wont show up...

I'm wondering if ur router needs any ports to be opened ? Am assuming you did not use that D-Link with your previous ISP.Does voice chat with the yahoo messenger work ? Not the web version but the Y! messenger program.

thanks for ur suggestion blr_p.. i opened all ports .. now i can load the room list...thank you.. 🙂

Cool 🙂I saw that D-Link going for Rs.1800 in a shop in BLR but i wanted Wi-Fi as well. Am waiting for for Wi-Fi/DSL/Router product to come out here.

How do you open ports...is it port forwarding u are talking about