Problem uploading small pic, uploading mail message!

• Thread starter Thread starter koolsome7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,146

koolsome7

ISP
BSNL
Hi all,I am using the basic BSNL 250 plan since last two weeks. From the very start, I've been facing a problem with uploading a very small pic (less than 5kB - like the profile pic of ORKUT). Firefox, IE - both will just go to a blank page or show "COnnection was reset by the server" error after I choose the pic and press Upload button..Morever in online forms where I've to upload some text, it seems that only very small texts (like 2-3 lines) work well. Anything more than that and I get the "Connection reset by server" error again.Also GMail opens very very slowly, and I cannot see the individual mails (I can access gmail only throught POP thourgh Outlook)... Yahoo Mail opens but if i compose a mail longer than 5-6 lines it tries to upload for a long time and gives "Connection reset by server" error again.Please help ... Thanks all in advance!!~som

how much upload speed r u getting???(do a speed test on speedtest.net)

I get a PING = 623DOWNLOAD= 615But during upload the meter just stops forever, doesn't show anything.. What does that mean? My upload speed is almost zero??

as i said either its cable fault or router fault. or mtu settngs wrong on ur pc or router. upload show problem when ur MTU for outgoing packets go beyond certain limit normally 1492 for adsl.

Could you tell me how to check the MTU parameter on my Network card?

Thanx for the help Amish, setting tha MTU parameter totally fixed my problem.. You just made my day! .. Thanks very much!