• Thread starter Thread starter designwebgraphic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,944
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

designwebgraphic

Hey Guys,I am having this problem since February 2008.My major problem is: Airtel, Reliance are not able to come to place else i would have changed it so far. BSNL, i can of course take but i dont trust as its a government company and i dont know about their services. Can they start instantly after internet gets down?So, please dont suggest me to change my TATA VSNL to something else while reading my problem. I am completely stucked up. Problem with Tata Indicom Broadband is:I am not able to open some or other sites after every few days. If today 2 sites are not working then after 3-4 days those 2 sites start working and other few sites stop opening.I reported such problems:First they answered - (AS USUAL) problem is with your PC. Firewall or Anti Virus softwares block it off.I said - i dont have any firewall and any anti virus software installed. ------- After few weeks of few other complaints - (ANSWER CHANGED) those sites are blocking your IP I said - boss, i am not able to open ebay.com now tell me why the hell a big company called eBay would ever block my IP?They say - because they feel some sort of spamming coming through your IP.I said - do you have even an idea of what the **** spamming is? something that hits sites millions of time in a day (not by just opening once or twice in a week)They said - i have to change your IP I said - sites are opening, getting stopped for 2-3 days and again restarting and few others get stopped. How can my IP be a problem?They said - (VERY RUDELY) - do you want to solve a problem or do you only want to keep discussing it?I sad - OK, change it.After change of IP, i still have a same problem. I am not able to open most of the sites i need to open!Sometimes even my yahoo mail is not opening. i have 3 yahoo mail account, 1 is opening and 2 are not and they keep changing. sometimes i am able to open 1 yahoo id and not 2 others and after few days i am not able to open the 1 which was opening and not able to open 1 other from those other 2 which were opening!!! (Alongwith other sites not opening, of course)THIS PROBLEM REALLY SUCKSNow they dont have even such people whom we can talk. There is just a 60607070NO LOCAL HELPLINE or TECH NUMBERS!!We even cant talk to an engineer whom we talked last time so we cant even get angry on previous one that why the hell did you say "do u want to solve a problem or keep discussing"Guys, what to do?

Have you checked for DNS issues?w.r.t. Yahoo it might happen that all Email IDs are on different international sites (E.g. One is on yahoo.com other on yahoo.co.in or co.uk) IF that is the case then it looks like a DNS issue.BTW, VSNL has been facing routing issues (for end users) so it could be that issue as well.

try changing your dns address. if problems still persists, try changing MTU.
for information on how to change MTU go through this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
MTU are already 1500 and i also tried changing DNS. Same result. Not opening. I went out after posting a thread here and when i returned back even broadbandforum.co was not opening for 2-3 hours and thats why i couldnt reply quickly!!

just try to ping your gateway and see what it shows

And does DNS resolve properly at that time (command : nslookup yahoo.co.uk for example).

Hey I'm having a similar problem on Tata. Every couple of hours my browsing stops working (although torrents, MSN etc keep running), and it starts again only if I change my MTU to some other value, say from 1492 to 1400. I tried nslookup google.com at the time when browsing stopped and it said DNS request timed out.Then I changed the MTU and again everything was back to normal. However its very irritating to keep changing the MTU everytime this happens. Anyone know what to do?

Yeah.. torrents is not the problem, I rarely use torrents..started that time when browsing stopped to see if torrents were still working..

Try installing local DNS server (E.g. TreeDNS that is easy to setup and use).It will resolve the issue if its specific to DNS.

Hmm ok ill try that, but I've tried many DNS servers eg OpenDNS and all and I face this same problem with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.