Problem in downloading Certain Files

• Thread starter Thread starter genius22dks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,161

genius22dks

ISP
BSNL
i am using BSNL dataone service with Huawei Smartax MT882 adsl modem.
From past few months i m unable to download certain files (particularly .exe and .doc files). However zip files and pdf files are easily downloaded. I have tried it on windows, linux, used a different computer system but got same problem...the BSNL helpdesk is answerless on this issue...is there any problem with my modem or system or the problem is from the bsnl network?????🙁

what error message do you see?

members/genius22dks/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co . do you need screenshots of this setting ?
From Google search "download .exe files "
Launch Internet Options from Control Panel. Click the Security tab. Select the Internet zone. Click the Custom Level button. Scroll down to the Miscellaneous group. Find the item \"Launching Applications and unsafe files\". Is it set to \"Disable\"? Then change it to \"Prompt\" and click OK.

Are you running Firefox 3 (beta)? According to Mozilla this setting doesn't affect Firefox2.
PC Magazine Discussions - Vista won't download .exe files

i do not get any error msg. the download just did not start. i have tried it on my laptop also. it is giving the same problem. i m using firefox 2.0 but i have also tried it on internet explorer, on linux also.🙁

strangee....but i have seen this type of problems in my college hostel, we wont b able to download .exe files.College people have blocked .exe files for security reasons.

members/genius22dks/ modem Huawei AX MT882. Check filter settings.

http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html
Advanced Filters.
Filters are used to allow or deny LAN users from accessing the Internet.

Try these. .
Download WinRAR 3.80 Beta 2 - FileHippo.com 40day trial with limitations.
Download ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.473.0 - FileHippo.com 44.64 MB
The other two Bank .doc seems to be for employment.
1.Did you try Dr TCP. see sticky thread on the top. Also OPEN DNS.
2.Try opera browser 9.5/ or firefox 3.0. .
3. If using Outlook Express or Outlook most of the attachments are blocked . ( see settings)
Forward the message to Yahoo mail ID and try.
4. Give tracert for bank sites.
5..Give feed`back.

the download is not starting frm ur link also..

http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html is not working.
i have talked to bsnl customer care many times but they are unable to answer my query.
i only want to know that whether there is any problem in my system??? because i m planning to go to consumer court for this matter...

go to the command prompt(start->run and type cmd) and type ipconfig and post output here.. a screenshot would do