Problem Downloading files

that site says

IP Information: 59.95.129.199
ISP: NIB (National Internet Backbone)
Organization: NIB (National Internet Backbone)
Connection: Broadband
Services: None Detected
City: Bhilai
Region: Chhattisgarh

----------

i am also going for dinner..

unable to access FirewaLL.ACCCESS MINE; SIMILAR MODEM117.193.XX.XX ID admin pW password dinner.

Nothing. you can do with my modem now.you had access for 45 minutes !!I cannot solve your problem..

i accessed your modem and then i went to take my dinner... is there nothing to help me??? i thought this problem might get solved today 🙁

Ask bsnl to check whether their system resets your connection every now and again, thats the only thing I think of that would affect http downloads but not torrents. If all esle fails, move to another isp ( assuming you have one or take 3g)

1. Mention the security software you use ? Disable them and check.2. Which mode are you in PPPoE or Bridge ? Switch to another and check.3. Are torrents working fine ? 4. Try a download from Microsoft and check. 5. You could have compared your settings with essbebe's modem settings.

See this link for step by step instructions.
UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION
DNS as given here.
or

for screen shots
Check Post No 10 again.
The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL
The link gives you correct settings for your modem.

The diagnostics page you have posted shown no connection,
but you say you are connected. ( first five entries OK )
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/6535/clipboard01wr.jpg

from my modem:
Test the connection to your Internet service provider
Test PPP server connection: PASS
Test authentication with ISP: PASS
Test the assigned IP address: PASS
Ping default gateway: PASS
Ping primary Domain Name Server: PASS
Also as mentioned earlier add DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in modem page.

In computer :
There are two parts:
TCP/Ip properties
first one :
Obtain Ip adddress automatically.

Second Part : DNS
( IF entered in modem)
select obtain automatically
ELSE
enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
AppLY SAVE.
Your ipconfig /all will show above dns.
copy/paste here.

1. I use avast anti virus and zone alarm, i have tried to disable both of them but that didnt solve the problem

2. I am using PPPoE. how to switch between them?

3. torrents are working fine

4. I have download software from Apple's and nvidia's official site they too stuck up

5. I did saw his config was different from mine, but i was not sure what changes should i make. i am a bit noob at this case

----------

Should i Enter that DNS in Internet protocol version 6 or in Internet protocol version 4? entering that DNS in IP6 gives error saying "the network address entered is invalid"

11. Use IP4 ( *Uncheck BOX IPV6 in Network settings page )12. Try the multiuser configuration link in post no 23 and compare your settings.

a. Too tired at the moment. The link is perfect, simply compare the settings and make necessary changes. b. Furnish data requested in post no. 23.

1. hmm, are there any changes in your modem settings and the one described in the link ?2. Try dialer mode and check. Go to the WAN page, edit the VPI/VCI 0/35 entry, select bridge instead of PPPoE. That's all. If in doubt, post the screen shot.