• Thread starter Thread starter insane79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,477

insane79

ISP
mtnl triband
Hi,
I am having a problem accessing few sites from my dsl connection, i can view them on other isp on the same machine,
site like - www.motomummy.com I get redirected to a site named "http://www.proxynetwork.ws/blocked.html" everytime its frustrating,
anyone else has this issue with mtnl?

Thanks..

That website is blocked in India.(message says based on country - which actually is based on ur IP)So it looks like when you use some other ISP, they are not figuring that you are from India. But with MTNL they detect you are from India so they block it.

I'm a Delhi based subscriber. MTNL works like a charm in my area, but it has some problem with the DNS, which quite possibly can be your problem too. The solution I came up with is adding more DNS servers (I chose Google DNS) to my connection. And Seriously, this method works like a charm.Google DNS Server primary address : 8.8.8.8Google DNS Server secondary address : 8.8.4.4The location to add more DNS is here:W7: start --> type: "network and sharing center" --> choose your adaptor "Local Area Connection" (default) --> Properties --> Select "Internet Protocol Version 4 IPv4" --> click properties --> click advance --> select the tab "DNS" --> add the two entries