Right to Privacy is now a fundamental right in India

This sounds good. Penalty for officer will prevent them from violating the privacy.

the problem is that the exceptions in the name of national security would not stop any kind of privacy violation. it is just going to be like the right to information act.

As long as intelligence agencies are not coerced to snoop for political gains or vendetta, this exemption seems reasonable. But then ....

the whole concept of right to privacy is aimed at unreasonable snooping in personal life by law enforcement bodies. sure, go to a judge and present a case. and if the judge feels that the demand is reasonable, he can issue an order... but cops themselves deciding who should be snooped? that's not really a good idea.

'Right to Privacy Not a Fundamental Right': Centre Tells Supreme Court

The Centre on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that a "fool proof" system would be in place for the implementation of the Aadhaar scheme and Right to Privacy cannot be invoked to scrap the welfare programme as it is not a fundamental right under the constitution.

"Right to Privacy is not a fundamental right under our Constitution. It flows from one right to another right. Constitution makers did not intend to make right to privacy a fundamental right."

"There is no fundamental right to privacy so these petitions under Article 32 should be dismissed," Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi submitted before a bench headed by Justice J Chelameswar which during the hearing said, "We are inclined to refer it to the larger Constitution bench".

He was countering the contention that the Aadhar scheme based on collecting personal data violates the citizens Right to Privacy.

Then make Aadhar mandatory for Welfare schemes. I don't want Welfare schemes. Why do i have to have Aadhar card?

I know that Right to privacy is dead in a country full of poor & desperate people. But its not just about privacy. Its also about right to choose.

First take the permission of Parliament. Bring a bill, discuss it and pass it in both the houses. Both UPA and NDA govt. knew that they would open a Pandora's box if they bring such a bill in Parliament.

Well if Yashoda ji can not have privacy, how can common man expect?