Prithvi UE100 with Tp Link TL-MR3220 3G/4G router

• Thread starter Thread starter Krishna6233
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 21,217
Status
Not open for further replies.
@harsh could you explain what purpose wn822n wireless adapter serves? I was hoping the Mr 3420 by itself was capable of decent signal coverage with dual antennas?

@krishnan.
I have a prithvi ue 100 and ZTE ac 2766. For prithvi only 0.5m cable works whereas for ZTE 1.5m cabke works. No idea why.
I read on the Web that prithvi modem doesn't have enough power supply to work across a longer extension cable.
Why not u try a smaller cable ?

InternetAddict007 said:
@harsh could you explain what purpose wn822n wireless adapter serves? I was hoping the Mr 3420 by itself was capable of decent signal coverage with dual antennas?
Oh..I need that for my old desktop to hook up to my home wireless network ..you see I need to keep the router close to the window and desktop is in another room where Prithvi doesn't get juicy signals I guess.

That reminds me..a few days ago I was trying to use Prithvi on a usb hub (for its wire length) and it just did not show good signals.. kept on switching between evdo and 1x networks furiously and even when managed to connect, it did not show any life..no speed at all

Waiting for someone to explain if an extension cable works with any of 3020 3220 or 3420.
Also, the cable shouldn't be any longer than 0.5m. 1m works rarely, but yet someone who tried with a 0.5m cable and couldn't get it working.
There's an alternative Iball router which is confirmed to work with a 0.5m cable by another user.

@internetaddict
How is Huawei EC1561(mts) to use with bsnl evdo ??
A nearby vendor has offered me a new EC1561 with box,no bill for rs1900rs.He says he has checked it with bsnl evdo and works in both 1x and evdo mode.

x720 said:
1900 is a bit steep. You can get the same on ebay for 1000.
Krishna6233 said:
u have it??hows the signal??
That doesn't work usually with bsnl evdo. Specially the ones that are available for 1000 on eBay.
You have to undergo complications registerung esn or meid n Bull's hit from bsnl which none have successfully posted anywhere to have done..
But yet, 1900 is pretty costly.

^Krishna I'd recommend u to stay away from it.
1.it is pricy
2.it normally works only on 1X mode and has been reported to have innumerable issues with bsnl evdo.

You can check eBay if you want.
All sellers have a side note saying, bsnl evdo may not work or not tested.
People buy it for Tata evdo 95 bucks 4gb or for reliance.

I'm thinking of buying the Iball 3g+ router.. It's priced about 2k on flipkart and is confirmed working with prithvi with an extension cable.
However I'm still reluctant since TP-Link is a better brand.
If someone confirms extension cable works on tp link I'd buy it immediately.

He showed me connecting to net in evdo mode using ec1561 through team viewer.the dashboard was mts's.he agreed for rs.1300 including shipping.prithvi is not able to get anything more than 3bars ..i hoping for a speed close to 1mbps ..i think 4bars would do that.i do partially trust this vendor who has provided me with unlock code of Huawei e303s(customised firmware version aircel) after transferring money to his account 2yrs before

Status
Not open for further replies.