• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,992

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
This week's update is terribly interesting. And juicy too! First, the interesting part. Pritam. Latest soundtrack. You know, right? Pritam's latest soundtrack is New York, from Yash Raj stable. A song from the film, 'Hai Junoon' is in the eye of a storm now, for being allegedly inspired by, what else, another Indonesian song!

If I'm allowed to digress, let me blurt it out - I'm both eager and scared to listen to Pritam's music in Imtiaz Ali's next - Love Aaj Kal. The Milliblog me will be really excited to listen to the music, while the ItwoFS me will dreading more Indonesian inspirations!

Back to New York's Hai Junoon - yes, I think the song definitely has traces of Indonesian band Samsons' song, 'Naluri Lelaki', from their 2006 album of the same name. But, Pritam seems to have mastered this art by now - the na nanana naa na na part in the beginning of the Hindi track seems inspired, as is a small portion in the Indonesian original that corresponds to the Hindi's 'Hai Junooooon' call. This is nowhere near the more blatant lifts from our favorite composer, but inspirations should be mentioned where its due!

Now for the juicy part. The first person to have supposedly exposed this inspiration is also a music composer. A composer who has also been credited in the same film, New York - for the song, 'Aye saaye mere'...yes, Pankaj Awasthi. This YouTube link of 'Naluri Lelaki' has a comment by a user named, 'awasthiji', who has also posted the video of the song, 'Khuda ka wasta', by, who else...Pankaj Awasthi. That lends more authenticity to the fact that the comment is indeed by Pankaj. Also note - the timeline for his comment says, 'posted 1 week ago' - New York's soundtrack was released on June 11th (Milliblog music review of New York, on June 11th), so, only an insider could have listened to the song even before its release and go to the extent of commenting on its source!

So, why is Pankaj doing this? Doesn't he like Pritam? Will this not spoil his chances of making it big in the dog-eat-dog world of Bollywood? This is big breaking news baby! Thanks to leads from Ayman Ahmad and Ajit Gopalakrishnan - brilliant find and very timely, guys!

Listen to Hai Junoon | Naluri Lelaki

itwofs.com - chronicles of plagiarism in indian film music

This won't be the last time he will copy from others.😡

Even the punjabi song "kadi te has bol ve" is a direct steal from a famous pakistani song.....and he has the balls to stamp his own name on it.

That Punjabi song Kadi te has bol ve was also copied by some Punjabi singer in late 90's 😛

yup the pakistani singer is Maratab Ali Khan copied by Madan Maddi, Khan also sang "dil ta pagal hai" which was copied by Babbu Mann turned out to be a hit