Printer Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 50,889
Congratulations on your new purchase 😀

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

BTW Duplex printing is a bonus, I had to manually play with the even and odd page thingy, was annoying.

Taking a printout at a cybercafe : 10 RupeesTaking a scan at a cybercafe : 20 RupeesTaking a Xerox at a nearby PCO : 1 RupeeTaking tickets' printouts/sending snaps to distant places/quickcopy of id-card etc for other not-so-geek relatives in the comfort of home and showing off : Priceless 😉 Note : Humour intended

Thanks guys. Although i could have afforded Photosmart/ pixma in this budget but Laser has very lower maintenance costs (4 - 10 paise per page as compared to Rs. 3 per page of inkjets). Also it depends, if we have low prints requirements, than photosmart/ pixma is good option and if heavy print requirement then i think laser is winner without any second thought.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Also dealer (who is also a friend of mine) told me to use imageking/ odyssey powder for long life.

just lemme know if ur HP has a problem in drawing in pages for printing..ie does it take in 2 or 3 pages at a time instead of a single when printing lot of pages?..had three HP inkjets... 3 different models with same problem..just stopped buying HP after that...i have also noted this prob on a HP laser jet belonging to a friend..dont remember the model no though

heh. same problem here. moved to canon specifically for that. with my luck, this model would develop the same problem sooner or later. things are just not going right for me this year.

I havent heard or seen this problem in this model. The printing is as smooth as feather.. i almost printed 200 pages today itself continously (including flowcharts) and its blazing fast and nothing happened as you guys are saying. Yes this problem comes with HP laserjet 1020 in my office.

Ok finally I bought Canon Pixma 287.

Printing works on Linux out of box! (Fedora 10)

For scanning you need to install software (called ScanGear) from Canon support site:

Canon Pixma MP287 - Linux softwares

Canon Pixma MP287 - Manuals

PS: Even though printing works out of box in FC10, i still went ahead and installed printer software too, found from above link. Its useful to check ink level and do cartridge cleaning etc.

NB: Site says, minimum requirement Fedora 12, but I installed on Fedora 10 and both work.

I have a 5 year old HP PSC1410 which is still in great shape, just printed 200 pages yesterday. With refilling, costs me less than a rupee a page. I'd readily recommend HP to anyone.