Printer Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 50,908
It was yours truly who recommended Canon MP287 😀 - I personally use a Canon All-in-1 & its better than the HP models ( Yes many , printers or All-in-1 ) that we have used before

One of my friend purchased Canon MP287 after recommended by Few members of IBF 🙂 . It's very nice printer . Don't go for HP printers . Their ink has spreading problem .

+1
Go for canon. HP has hell lots of problem.
Ink spreading, costly inks, noises, customer care etc.
Canon is good. Same price, sometimes a little more than HP but worth it. Lots of features. Go for it. 🙂

Using Canon MP 145 for over a year now. No complaints till date. Working fine and smooth.

I'm using an HP Photosmart 8158 printer from the last four years without any problems. The price of new cartridges are very high though. But I refill the cartridges with pigmented ink and it has never created any problems of leaks etc.But I have heard from many people that the new HP printers are of very bad quality and starts giving problem at a very early stage. So better stay away from HP printers now.

Hi, i am planning to buy new printer:1. HP 10072. canon LBP2900Bwhich one should i buy?Dealer told me that HP has removed the crappy chip from toner of HP1007. Is this true?????:huh::huh:

My previous experience (and of a couple of others) tells me Canon is better. But then, that is for Inkjet printers. But still, the experience has left me going for Canon over HP any day... Its not that HP are horrible - just that in Inkjet & All-in-one, you find more complaints from people as compared to Canon

i discarded HP for a Canon last month. absolutely hated the old HP model i had. it took me 20 minutes to get it working after it developed some snag with paper tray.

canon unit if of course new so it is working perfectly. i did read that canon models would not work if either of the two cartridges are empty. research on that.

by the way, if you are looking for a printer with cheap cartridges, HP has this model K209a which uses much cheaper cartridges. i believe black ones are 400 bucks compared to 650 for their other usual models.

i bought Canon Pixma MP287.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

argh. you are looking for lasers. ignore my post in that case!

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

i would ask for a good laser printer. you need a budget model right?

Thanks for the pixma suggestion, I had a canon before, used to print a lot, actually 200+ pages in a single go.
But, my usage has dropped significantly so this one should suffice.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

I actually had the one you posted above, Canon LBP series, they are really nice and works smoothly.

for heavy users, K209a is a good product to look into. this was recommended by a sales rep of HP (!) over the other models they had. he said this was specially designed for customers who need to take out tons of black printouts and color is secondary for them. primarily designed for businesses. also... think about getting a model with wifi support. hp has models with eprint... those are worth looking into as well. each printer has a unique email id. you send a mail to that email id, printer prints it out. does not matter where you are! useful for folks who have to take out prints directly from smartphones or tablets.

Yeah, I was searching for a wireless one 🙂mmmmmm, I print a lot mmmm but I don't mind color prints too... eh! Grrr, a 20k printer, ouch.

weird. i think HP eprint printers starts at 8-9K.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

hp k209a was also around 8-9K.

pixma cost me 3900. though could be cheaper in the market.

Actually I was talking about laser color printers, if am not wrong, they cost more mhm?

laser color printers are bound to be more expensive. i have not checked rates recently but i would imagine that they would start at more than 10K. might be wrong about that though.

Since a printer related thread is active, let me also ask my query.....I have heard that Inkjet printers do not last long, and are expensive if u arent a heavy user. Is this a myth, or a reality??