Prices Of Broadband Modems And Routers

• Thread starter Thread starter cpyder
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,806
Thanks amit, I knew that even 2950/- was a high price for Linky, but given the conditions I was cought in I think what i did was the best i could do. Moreover, at that time there were no other routers, of any make were available at least in Pune. Anyways, the details are welcome.. and so far as after sales service is concerned,,, well , i just hope I dont need 😉 and btw I am abusing this Linky thing for last 3 weeks. It has been working tirelessly 24x7 since the time it has taken its place next to my PC without any complain. It hasnt got even an hour's rest ever since. Thanks to it, I have downloaded three linux distros that too DVD images.

Cpyder, most probably Amit is talking about D-Link and not Linksys. The price you have got for Linksys (Rs. 2950) is right.

Maybe.. my dealer admitted to selling the Linksys at a higher price than normal (coz supposedly he got at higher price). Thats why.

QUOTE(cpyder @ Feb 3 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]78365[/snapback]
I just purchased Wireless Router for Rs 3300/- from TP-Link at Pune.[/b]

Well,
I guess u hv got BSNL there, right !!!

and instead of spending or rather i should i say wasting your 3300 bucks, u should have bought TYPE- 4 modem cum wifi-router from BSNL for just 1800.

the modem is: MT-841

here's the router link:
http://www.huawei.com/products/terminal/pr...s/view.do?id=86

here in delhi,
we don't have BSNL,
so i bought Netgear wifi router for Rs. 2350 two months back, but i have to connect it to my airtel 220-BX modem,
so you see i run 2 things to get wifi and internet on my PC (you do the same too i guess), but with bsnl in just Rs.1800 you get two things running in just one hardware/piece.

I didn't knew about this BSNL router thing before, otherwise i also could have bought the router from BSNL,
'coz i think this router isn't available in market.

If sm1 is looking to get WiFi-ed in future, follow my advice and buy bsnl type-4 modem-cum-router.

Hey rajeevsharma8888,

i guess u haven't used wi-fi on the MT841, it ROCKS in term of routing services but when wi - fi's turn comes, it SUCKS badly

i use this crap and its wi-fi signal range is just 24 mbps (brochure says 54 mbps) even wen sitting in front of my modem, with my lappy, wen u move to other room, signal gets lost!

@RajeevSharma8888, You are right about that. A Wi-Fi router would probably have been better than one ADSL router and another WiFi router. But I already had Linksys AM300. There was very little choice in the market as well. I was initialy going for Netgear WiFi router (Rs 4200/-). But i realised that it was not compatible with BSNL exchange here. We spent close to about three hours trying almost everything under the sun to get it working but it dint. so i had to settle for TP-Link. The range of this router is also not very good. I mean, the vendor claimed a whooping 200 meters but i could not get signal beyond about 15 ft after a concrete wall in between. But otherwise, the performance seems good. It has been switched on for about two weeks continuously and have hardly noticed any connection drops.