Pranav Dhanawade

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 4,068
Whoa!! While I wish him good luck but I still feel its big amount.

What I feel is they should give him free membership to some club where he can get trained for free.

And say 2 cricket kits per year.

With yearly review.

10,000 inr is small amount right? A good costs 25k

Haha yep its per month and that too for 5 yrs!!

ofcourse they said his progress will be monitored but then its like sword hanging on him.

He will always feel - "If i dont perform well my scholarship will be withdrawn".

so better option wud be to sponsor his training.

PS:
I read this was his first hundred at MCA level. So I am not sure if this was all by fluke (because of small ground) or he is actually capable?

Yes I had read it! Thats why I said that Maha govt took decision in haste.

Untold story of Pranav Dhanawade’s 1000 runs: 25 chances, 10-year-old ‘pacers’, 30-yard boundaries

The Batsman

3wRoClv.jpg

The Bowlers

bCdKXgS.jpg

The ground

ilTUj2s.jpg

Not to forget the dimensions of the odd-shaped venue, the utter lack of competition and the 25 chances—22 catches and three stumpings—that the 15-year-old survived

After reading the full story, the batsmen can be forgiven for being over enthusiastic for records. The coach seems to be a jerk to let this continue. Even the losing team's coach could have given a walkover at some point than let the kids undergo this harassment.

When the coach says to the bowler - atleast try to bowl balls that land on the crease after a single pitch.. you know there is something fundamentally wrong with what happened on that day...

Last edited:
And 25 missed chances... The entire team normally doesnt get dropped that many times in a match...

I was once in the same team as those poor bowlers. Seniors were studying for exams and we had to play a match to stay in the tournament so PT sir asked who all were ready to bunk classes and play cricket. We jumped into the school van and he made us play against one school. They made 300+ runs in 18 overs. We were just playing for funsies.