• Thread starter Thread starter baudhayan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,818

baudhayan

Regulars
ISP
Hathway 50 Mbps+ Vodafone 3G
One of my friends in my building as a 256 Kbps unlimited Triband connection. His Modem is the MTNL branded 4 LAN Port xDSL Modem. I checked his Modem config which is configured in Bridged mode & thus he dials through Win XP using the WAN Miniport connection - which works fine. His colleague now tried connecting his Laptop on another LAN Port & tried dialing out using WAN Miniport connection on the Laptop. Unfortunately it always pops-up an error "Error 921: Incorrect username, password....", though the credentials entered are correct. As per his friend, his company might have prohibited ADSL dialing through an Active Directory Policy.Now comes the main issue, if I try configuring the PPPoE authentication on the Modem on PVC0 it still doesnt work & the Modem log again shows "Incorrect Username....". Could anybody help me out of this?Thanks in advance

try to reset the moden once........ 😉

You won't be able to login from a different pc (laptop) using bridge mode..due to MTNL's Mac Binding policy. It will appear as "incorrect username/password".Call MTNL to release MAC id..to login from the laptop..then again it will be locked the the laptop's mac id.

*1 One of my friends in my building has a 256 Kbps unlimited Triband connection.
*2 His Modem is the MTNL branded 4 LAN Port xDSL Modem.

*3 I checked his Modem config which is configured in Bridged mode &
*4 thus he dials through Win XP using the WAN Miniport connection - which works fine.

5*His colleague now tried connecting his Laptop on another LAN Port &

6* tried dialing out using WAN Miniport connection on the Laptop.

*7. Unfortunately (*fortunately!)it always pops-up an error "Error 921: Incorrect username, password....",

*8though the credentials entered are correct.

*9As per his friend, his company might have prohibited ADSL dialing through an Active Directory Policy.

*10Now comes the main issue,

*11. if I try configuring the PPPoE authentication on the Modem on PVC0

it still doesnt work & the Modem log again shows "Incorrect Username....".
12*Could anybody help me out of this?
REPLY:

*1 to 4 OK.

*5 to 8 will not work on another telephone connection.
Ask your friend To use laptop in Phone connection ===>>> *1
nowhere else it will work.
for any other USERID/PW( called Port binding")

*9.not clear. same as above.

*10 to 12. If in same complex /FLAT
WIFI mode possible.
( * say within a radius of about 50 to 100 feet )
mention the modem model used.

Thanks for all ur reply.@realmcool - U seem to b right. I guess MTNL has MAC bound my friends PC's MAC address rather than the Modem's MAC address. That is y probably the PPPoE dialup is not working from the Modem.@essbebe - U r incorrect by saying "Port Binding". Port Binding is different from MAC Binding. If I'm not worng, Port Binding is configured on the Exchange DSLAM & it just Bings ur Telephone line with ur Internet A/C. My friends problem seems to b with MAC Binding & not Port Binding.