PPP DOWN

• Thread starter Thread starter mtnltriband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 15,317
u change your modem setting into bridge mode - u'll find the PPP link always up (this is for your satisfaction..)

ashishgoel ,If I change my settings to bridge mode i will always see my status as UP , does it means that i will be always connected and no disconnections , Or it means that the status will be literally up in the modem window but on occasions when the net is down i wont be able to surf !!kalesh,Even if i try 30 times it doesnt connects i try to reconfigure again and again but even then problem takes at least 7-8 hours to get solved.cyberwiz ,how many hours u can surf internet without any disconnections ie after what is the frequency of dc u face ,Thanks

I dont face any disconnections whatsoever..of late MTNL has learnt a new trick..they are automatically resetting the connection every 12 hrs..thats the only time my net disconnects ie at 12 hourly cycles..If ur net is disconnecting due to a problem in the line then it will continue whether u use PPPoE or bridge mode

Ok guys I figured it out. The status is "PPP Down " only when I have just rebooted the router , i.e. when the router has not yet connected to MTNL. Why I felt that I most of the times have PPP down in my status was becuase I mostly have to reboot when I visit my router configuration page 😛 .

@mtnltri..if u're in PPPOEA - modem will Show LINK UP when it will get IP address from the service provider, and when u're in Bridge Mode - Link UP denotes that the ADSL link is stable n u're ready to connect - so to surf, u need to dial (by dialing u get a IP address )I had surfed 2 hrs at a stretch on MTNL without any dissconnection recently (as i use airtel more).also as u say, it took 7 - 8 hs to resolve ur problem, what i suggest you to check and ammend ur settings accordingly - VCI = 0 and VCP = 32 , and make it a bridge mode, and connect using dialer (procedure explained many times in this forum - kindly search for that, in case u don't know) - this will solve many problems - u're comp will little bit more safe (incl. ur modem), u'll bypass all PORT forwarding problems etcAs rightly said by cyber.. bhai, if there is a line problems, i.e. u're experiencing frequent dissconnection because of it - check for any disturbance, if line is clear - check for any joints in ur phone line, if still everythin is fine on your side - then kindly contact MTNL n request them to reduce your speed (if u've been upgraded.)Also, post ur modem stats - both, when phone is on the the hook n off the hook (wait for 2 min, before refreshing ur page for modem stat - which incl SNR margin etc), we may could suggest more.