• Thread starter mtnltriband
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 15,111
M

mtnltriband

ISP
sefs
Hi freinds ,My mtnl triband is again not working well , frequent disconnections !!I get PPP DOWN error !whats this and how to reolve this issue Modem > Device Info > WAN Status : Down ( PPP DOWN ) ( whenever the problem starts I log into my modem and check device info > wan , here I get status down with PPP DOWN error ) pls help me in resolving my problem thanks in advance :) awaiting your help

B

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
This happened with me thrice in last 3 months. Once, it got solved automatically after 36 hours. The next time, the problem was specific to me. Call up GM Broadband Office , register ur complaint.....usually the problem is with exchange or ur port.

M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
PPP is set frm the server side, so better call up 1504, well its past 8 now so u call em up first thing in the morning 2morow.

C

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
PPP down basically means that ur modem cant see the BRAS..most probably a port problem tell them to change ur port.

B

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
u dont know Bras?????

G

GSV13

Special Member
ISP
Triband 2mbps
^^^ If u know then tell :p

Apoorv Khatreja

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
ISP
Reliance Thunder 1099 4 Mbps UL
Hey, my status is PPP down all the time! I thought that 'down' meant that data is being sent 'downstream' or something like that. My connection is working fine.

C

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
^ How can that be :blink: BRAS stand for Broadband Remote Access server..perverted minds :huh:

Apoorv Khatreja

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
ISP
I don't know! It's not PPP down all the time, sometimes it UP and sometimes its PPP Down.

C

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
Which modem do u have? and on wat page in the modem configuration settings do u see this error ?

Apoorv Khatreja

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
ISP
I have the UT300R2U. Don't call it an error, dude, you're worrying me. It appears on the 'Status' tab on the main configuration page of my router. Right now, the status is 'Up'.

A

ashishgoel

Don
ISP
MTNL & Airtel
when PPP link is DOWN - it means u're not connected to MTNL and u cann't surf... When it is UP - it means you r ready to surf...

C

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
@ Apoorv, dude...donno how u manage to surf even if PPP down..u must be a real champ :p ...its like talking to the other party on a PSTN line with the telephone wire unplugged from the telephone socket

K

kalesh

ISP
MTNL Unlimited 256kbps
ok... everyone having this problem..listen up.I got UT-300R2U router.. well everytime the router disconnects ul have this problem atleast 3-4 times.. so just reconnect the router 3 time. Im pretty sure abt this.UP --> somehow disconnectConnect ---> PPP DOWNConnect ---> PPP DOWNConnect ---> PPP DOWNConnect ---> UP.3 times are minimum for me... u might need to reconnect more times..keep tryin.and hi everyone... just joined.