PPP always disconnected whenever i switch-off and then switch on my modem!

• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,804

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
i am using D-Link DSL 502T modem for 3 years now!
this problem of mine has surfaced recently only, is very annoying and is around 2-3 months old! 🙂

The PROBLEM:

When i switch-off my modem and then switch it back ON, everything is well(lights etc.) but am not able to surf!
when i check the modem page, in status, pvc0 is not connected, and in Advanced-> PPP it shows not connected as well, and i have to press the Connect button! this is particularly annoying to do everytime when the connection drops or whenever switch the modem on!
is there any way to resolve this problem?

try browsing through the telnet menus of your browser and see if you can do the same thing as what happens when you click the "Connect" button. If you get it, you can make a similar script to what we use to reboot the router when in PPPOE mode and accomplish the task. And maybe put this in schedule task or something.

i am using D-Link DSL 502T modem for 3 years now!
this problem of mine has surfaced recently only, is very annoying and is around 2-3 months old! 🙂

The PROBLEM:

When i switch-off my modem and then switch it back ON, everything is well(lights etc.) but am not able to surf!
when i check the modem page, in status, pvc0 is not connected, and in Advanced-> PPP it shows not connected as well, and i have to press the Connect button! this is particularly annoying to do everytime when the connection drops or whenever switch the modem on!
is there any way to resolve this problem?

did you try talking to the Dlink or MTNL guys????

Also try this out once.....
Connect to the internet.... then goto Tools -> System Commands
Than click on Save All first and then once that is done.... click on restart....
See if that helps....

it is already set on 'always on'!regarding talking to CC guys, heh heh u kiddin! right! 😀will try the system commands thing and then reply!

it is already set on 'always on'!
regarding talking to CC guys, heh heh u kiddin! right! 😀
will try the system commands thing and then reply!

talk to the D-Link CC guys..... they are more helpful and knowledgeable..... thats what my experience was.... 🙂

I recently took bsnl broadband under homeULplus and a free siemens 2110 was provided. I configured it in pppoe and have made session as always on. it was working fine but recently a problem has surfaced whenever there is a drop in connection or the power is switched the modem shows ppoe disconnected and i have to recoonect again from the modem webpage. I also have a Tata indicom broad band connection having infinity 256 which is also established in always on mode but i never faced such problem in that connection. Is there any remedy to solve tis problem . If yes How?In none of the connection i use a dialer. Is this a problem of modem or it is a line problem.