Power Cuts

blr_p

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Does anyone know if there is a website where they post times when there will be power cuts ? Currently in BLR the only way is to look in the local newspapers, Looking at BESCOM's site shows nothing about this. How is it other parts of India ? (i mean in terms of knowing in advance when a power cut will happen)

Lokesh

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
heh heh! this is india! we r indians! nothin to say abt power cuts. delhi is worse! but can call up the supplier of electricity(private in delhi!) maybe they can tell!

blr_p

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Not complaining about the power cuts, there is nothing we can do about it.

Knowing when, can make a big difference. As i said currently, going to the epaper section of the newspaper is a roundabout way of doing it, i was hoping this info would be just a link away.

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
I think we need to file under RTI that all power distcoms need to put up atleast a week's schedule for scheduled power cuts.And it should maintain a log of all power cuts in the past ( irrespective if they were scheduled or erratic)

blr_p

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 26, 2005
If it's any consoltaion, so long as the world cup is on, i know power will be there between 7iish pm to 4am.It's what happens after the world cup that bothers me.