Power Cuts!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 15,519
well yeah ..but their fishermen community has also to be considered. Maybe if govt just relocates them to other place with good facilities,they can start the power plant asap

1 hour in chennai , 14-16 hours in rest of tamilnadu , TN fast tracking to stoneage.

Lets see if some relief can be brought in to rest of tamilnadu with one hour power cut to chennai added from today

From yesterday in Chennai the scheduled power cut is for 2 Hrs and Rest of Tamil Nadu unscheduled power cuts for 10 - 16 Hrs.....

From yesterday in Chennai the scheduled power cut is for 2 Hrs and Rest of Tamil Nadu unscheduled power cuts for 10 - 16 Hrs.....

True. 16 hours is the average in my area.
People used to ask me "Hey!, how many hours do you get powercut?" - but now, they've started to ask me "Hey!, I get 10 hours of power at my place, how about you?"

reliance has power cut problem on their dsl based broadband? :\

I thinks it's only on their metro Ethernet lines. I had metro Ethernet connection which worked perfectly during nights and 4 to 6 hours outage in day time.

People used to ask me "Hey!, how many hours do you get powercut?" - but now, they've started to ask me "Hey!, I get 10 hours of power at my place, how about you?"

We in chennai get 22 hrs of Power...

The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Chennai
The State government’s move to double load shedding duration of Chennai to two hours from Thursday has paid immediate dividends as the southern districts experienced a marked improvement in power supply through the day.

Powercut for individual homes is okay, but I hope they don't bring in power cut for industries.

u are having power cuts in pondicherry too ? i heard pondicherry doesnt have that

@MediaFire; I live pretty close to Pondicherry, but definitely not as close as you. How are the powercuts in Cuddalore?

Just now back from 21 hrs continuous power outage in Chennai due to cyclone hit.
Wait. Where's this place in Chennai? We didn't even experience the usual load shedding yesterday. Had non-stop power supply after the usual 2-hour load shedding ended on Tuesday.

21hrs! What did you do to pass time? I assume schools and colleges and malls would be closed too?
Can't do anything. Just chit chat with my family members and spent some time playing games in mobile till the juice lasted.

Wait. Where's this place in Chennai? We didn't even experience the usual load shedding yesterday. Had non-stop power supply after the usual 2-hour load shedding ended on Tuesday.
Porur..arrgg...seems we are the only bait. By the way u have overhead or underground power cables.

In city the power was there...but in most parts of sub urban areas there was no power till 11 PM or midnight yesterday...

Underground.., I think they switched to underground cables here around 1999.
My place just became a part of the City recently..so it will take time to switch to underground cables. Overhead cables are of big headache with often cable cuts.