Power Cut and Broadband doenst work due to Modem

Amol.gaitonde

ISP
Airtel
I have Airtel connection which has got Beetel 220BXI ( ADSL + Modem) and if the current goes, I cannot browse. I have a company provided laptop and dont have UPS. Can you tell me the best economical way to be able to connect even when the power goes off. Thanks,Amol

members/amol-gaitonde/Welcome to Broadbandforum.inLuckily 220BX1 needs DC 5Volts at 1 amp. You can use a small motor cycle battery. DC plug Center pin +ve. Usually 6V. Cannot risk the extra 1V. ( should work !!! Try at your own risk !) So need 12volts and connect through a 7805 IC regulator. ( regulator Input should be min 3 V higher )I have suggested this for some MT882 which needs 9V AC power input, and some Brave heart has to try 9V DC input to the modem .

Easier way is to get a UPS, which will cost you from Rs 1200/-. Else go for wifi/EVDO, whichever is available at your place.

/members/itsme/
I have a company provided laptop and don't have UPS.
Can you tell me the best economical way
Also even with UPS some modems disconnect . "Online" UPS having a transition time of less than 2 ms needed, but cost more, and some users don't like the disconnection of the modem.

Easier way is to get a UPS, which will cost you from Rs 1200/-. Else go for wifi/EVDO, whichever is available at your place.

EVDO also has a kind of modem right ?? I'm pretty sure something needs to be plugged in :cool2:

/members/norulz/EV-DO plugged to USB port and draws current from the laptop's battery.( during power failure). Wi fi not suitable, except if a"HotSpot" or "Wireless Access Point" is available.

For EVDO, there is an NIC card and an EVDO USB card (looks like a flash drive). You can buy either of them and plug it into your laptop.For more details check the appropriate section in this forum.