Power backup solution for home+computer

mehrotra.akash

Regular
ISP
I-ON(Dvois)/Airtel+IPTV/Photon+
I need a complete overhaul of my home power backup system.

Currently I have an 8 year old locally assembeled inverter with 2x exide 130 Ah maintenance free batteries + a Birla 650VA generator for when the inverter runs out.

Additionally I have a Microtek Maxpower 600VA which powers my always on devices like cordless phone, IPTV STB, router,mobile +laptop chargers,etc (Battery is nearly dead)
And a microtek heritage 600VA which provides backup to my PC . The monitor is a 32 inch samsung LCD TV which is running direct as of now.

Planned change:

For home backup (need 8 hrs with 3x(tubelight+fan)
Sukam Shiny 1500VA = 7000/-
2xSukam 150Ah Tubular battery = 8000/-
=23000
(prices quoted by company, need to check dealer prices)

For Entertainment: (PC + 1xLCD + 1xSamsung 25inch CRT +misc always ON devices like STB,Router,cordless,etc..)
Microtek 1000VA external battery UPS + 2x45 Ah or 2x65Ah SMF batteries
(1.5 hr backup with everything, or 2-3 with only PC is needed)

I'll be retaining the generator for basic light+fan backup after the inverter runs out.

I have an aboslute MAX budget of 30k, preferably within 25k, after exchange.
Also, luminous and APC are out of the question since, have had terrible experiences with Luminous in the past, and APC doesnt work in my house (something about reversed Line and neutral and some earthing issue)

Any ideas on:

[*]Prices
[*]Amount I can get for the old stuff?
[*]Any other optimizations you would suggest
[*]Any 800VA inverters to which I can connect 2x 150 or 180 Ah batteries?
When I asked Su-Kam if I can connect 2x 150Ah batteries to the 800VA inverter, I was told:We donot suggest to connect 2 batteries in parallel as the system do not provide require charging current. You can go for double battery system 1500VA.

[*]Any ideas on the power conditions in NOIDA (Shifting back to NOIDA and so I need this backup)
[/list]

Bump...

Atleast any ideas on the pricing and performance of Microtek or Sukam 1000VA external battery UPS'es??