• Thread starter Thread starter Prashanth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 3,176
ISP
BSNL
mnaG05T.jpg
BSNL atrocity as ISP
Having packet loss during day time/high traffic hours never ends .
"Broadband Engineer" from BSNL said to me that I need to buy leased line like banks to avoid this packet loss.

did he say how much a leased line will cost?

Facing the same problem for two months and called customer care and they cut the call as soon as tried to explain to them, that I am having latency issues in peak hours. So, lodged a complaint on Pgportal. Also emailed about it to several people at their Noida noc. Got a call from the regional executive who asked me what is the issue so I told her about it obviously, she didn't has any clue what latency or ping is. I asked her to arrange a call with any technical person and she agreed.
The next day got a call from a person who told me that he is aware of the issue and will be resolved in two days but nothing changed. Then got a call from Jto and he asked about the issue. I explained the same to him and he was very friendly and told me the situation that higher-ups are putting everything on the local team. I told him the issue is not local and explained everything to him. He told that he will forward the issue to the core team.

Actually, in my case, the network starts chocking after 7 PM only to the networks which are peered at DE-CiX Delhi. Other than that I get a very stable speed and under 10ms latency at any given time of the day. So the issue is at that peering exchange (maybe because BSNL has only 100G port for the whole north region).

Last edited:
Yes they are throttling heavily. For me torrent download are throttled at
125Mbps( can other user confirm this please). Never got good speed on Onedrive, telegram and Dropbox

@Trex Please ask them if you can why they do it and force everyone to quit their service.

I noticed how i cannot seed and download 100mbps at the same time.

Can you download and upload at 100mbps simultaneously on bsnl?

Here, if i am uploading at 80mbps, the download will be 20mbps. If the download is at 60mbps, the upload will be at 40mbps.

Tested on ethernet and Wifi 5Ghz (MU-MIMO).
Haven't tried 2.4Ghz.

I downloaded from an index link which supports the full download speed and then at same time upload an ISO/Movie to g-drive to test upload. That's how I tested simultaneous speeds.

Last edited:
I am getting anxious because i now have to call my lco and bsnl team and waste my time for a couple of days to get it fixed. JTO and imagine if they send it to Bangalore. Bermuda Triangle.

Last edited: