Postbox

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,761
What is postbox used for?

it is based on mozilla thunderbird but has tons of additional features. and it's highly optimized as well. much better than outlook or windows live mail.

Is it simple to configure Gmail as its easy in Outlook 2007?

yeap. they have predefined settings for gmail and hotmail and yahoo plus.

so you just enter gmail user id and password and you are good to go.

you also can decide between pop and imap for gmail. so its cool 🙂

----------

here you go. you can see it definitely rocks 😀

Is there any particular feature that other client fail to have (Just for sake of knowledge).

well it depends upon how you use it.

postbox has connectivity with facebook and twitter.

it has interfaces showing all attachments in a single screen... so you can actually see all the attached files in one go without searching through mails...

it also has threaded mode similar to gmail which works very nicely. so if you are a gmail fan, this feature comes very handy.

search is also pretty powerful... 🙂 more here. Meet Postbox — Postbox

----------

the only problem which is very major is that the final version 1.0 is likely to be a paid one. they are considering making available an ad-supported freeware edition. that is likely to be a major turnoff.

but i have been rather happy with the beta releases. and if they do go paid with the first gold version, i would stick with the last beta till i find a better alternative.

----------

i really would love to see gmail doing something for attachments in emails... similar to this program.

just make available all the attachments in a more usable user interface... so that it is damn easy to find the one you want...

if any web based app can do that, its gmail.