Post Your SpeedTest & PingTest Results Here

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 8,692
Tata
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3485815247
Cost: 1000 per quarter. No FUP.
5 year old plan, not available for new customers.. Sadly, still the best deal in my area.

FUP: 30 GB :angry ():
₹1250 per month.
On a side note why are MTNL and BSNL plans so costly?

I can think of several reasons… The biggest one would be that Indian government still consider internet connectivity as a luxury. Even though they continue to pretend that it is essential by promising connectivity to panchayats etc. around the country. Until that mindset changes and they start treating internet connectivity to be as important as power and water supply it would remain a premium offering from the government operators. Of course, it’s not like the government has managed to manage water and power supplies properly. :

Overheads… Both BSNL and MTNL are badly managed so there is a lot of wastage that needs to be compensated for. Plus since they have the backing from the government, I guess they do not give shit about market share. They get their salaries no matter how many customers they have.

Tbh, if you compare with airtel, mtnl's plans are significantly better. 500 odd bucks for 1 Mbps isn't that bad.

Bsnl on the other hand, pretty much the reasons admin has posted. 😀

Landline was dead for past 5 days! 😛issed-off: stupid MTNL wale, 😛issed-off: complaint via IVR, sent mails to area manager and General manager, no action.
was pretty frustrated, took matter to own hands
Sherlock Mode ON!
Went down to mtnl box and saw the wires were cut-off or broken.
found out which wire was mine and joined it. BAM! Connectivity!
Internet starts finally, but disconnecting again and again in 5 minutes. Checked the ADSL stats, SNR margin is low, around 6 db.
found out a joint inside home, interchanged the wires and fixed that joint.
and now SNR margin is upto 23db as of now. (which is normal seeing the history)

😛irate: 😛irate: 😛irate: 😛irate: 😛irate: 😛irate:

Recent:

Weeks ago:
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3452122962
Some servers give me whopping speeds like these:

Note: This IP is situated in Hyderabad but i am actually in delhi. I don't how but hey i am getting the speeds, right.
PingTest:
(having latency issues since last week)

Plan: 4mbps unlimited @ 999
south delhi (local isp, won't exactly tell my location)

Here you go:
Hathway Docsis 3.0 Network,
40 GB FUP.
Paid upfront Rs 4500 for 3 months. (This includes installation charges of Rs 1124)

Pretty happy with the speeds.

^^ I don't think merging a 10 yrs old thread would be of any use.
Things have move forwarded a lot since then.
Lets leave it there and make this Strictly only Speed/PING Test Results Section and no general connectivity discussion on this one.

Sorry for replying in this old thread but I just wanted to share this, this is using a single ONT
10573843601.jpg

Screenshot (38).webp