Possible to use the SIP/Voip from voice on FTTH with Freepbx or something similar?

goodyet

I had previously mentioned that VoIP worked only when I made BSNLs default VoIP gateway as the default route on my Pi. This barred me from having internet access on Pi. I solved the issue by adding a static route to BSNLs default VoIP gateway like so:

ip route add 10.0.0.0/8 via 10.81.104.1
Using tcpdump I observed that BSNL uses multiple VoIP servers and all servers are on 10.0.0.0/8 network.

I'm not using NAT as siproxd does proxying that is similar to NAT

Nikhil Sharma

JioFiber / BSNL FTTH user
Regulars
Ok, so I figured it out. The issue is that, SIP doesn't work so well when behind NAT, that's the reason when there is NAT involved, it fails.

To fix that, I used something called siproxd which is installed on my OpenWRT router. This acts like a proxy and works around the NAT issues by modifying the SIP requests and stuff on the fly.

Now I am able to make and receive calls with any SIP client, in fact I am able to make calls from Bangalore through my BSNL VOIP connection in Kerala (I use Zerotier for the remote connectivity) 🕺
I don’t actually have an OPENWRT router. Is there anything else I can do?

Nikhil Sharma

JioFiber / BSNL FTTH user
Regulars
Hello All,

I have got a new BSNL FTTH connection and that has been installed and activated, Voice and Data works perfectly fine using Syrotech ONU (Wi-Fi, POT, 2 LAN). Now what I am trying to configure or rather trying to use my Grandstream GXP1625 IP Phone directly instead of the traditional analog phone. I have tried few configuration as mentioned earlier in the thread but no go. Can someone please summarize the entire settings on how to get the BSNL Voice work on a grandstream phone directly.
TIA

Regards,
Abhijit
Can you share a picture of the ONU as well as the admin dashboard?

sachinphari

I have BSNL Bharat Fiber 777 Plan from an LCO in Trivandrum, Kerala.
I was previously using a basic EPON ONU modem of a local ISP based in Trivandrum ( Shine Broadband).
While changing to BSNl bharat fiber i didnt change my modem but it doesn't have any ports for telephony.

So my doubt is , is it possible to configure calling using a voip software or something?

hdkakkad

I've got this working in my IP EPABX.

Steps followed as below in digisol router.

1. Deleted voice profile set by bsnl.
2. Created new wan connection in bridge mode with vlan as 1830 and bind it to lan1.
3. Lan1 is connected to lan port of my hardware EPABX. It has 2 lan ports so it was easy for me to change ip of my 2nd lan port even while maintaining connectivity with my home network.
4. I configured ip address of my ippbx as mentioned in sip profile of my router.
5. Then added trunk with bsnl ftth address & login details & voila, sip trunk was up.

inbound & outbound Calls working fine. Voice is clear. Only issue is there is cross connection sometimes.

Best part is i can use the trunk even for multiple simultaneous calls. Tried with 3 calls.

Thanks to this forum where I could learn about how to go through.

vignesh_venkatesan

Stuck With ADSL in 2019
Regulars
I've got this working in my IP EPABX.

Steps followed as below in digisol router.

1. Deleted voice profile set by bsnl.
2. Created new wan connection in bridge mode with vlan as 1830 and bind it to lan1.
3. Lan1 is connected to lan port of my hardware EPABX. It has 2 lan ports so it was easy for me to change ip of my 2nd lan port even while maintaining connectivity with my home network.
4. I configured ip address of my ippbx as mentioned in sip profile of my router.
5. Then added trunk with bsnl ftth address & login details & voila, sip trunk was up.

inbound & outbound Calls working fine. Voice is clear. Only issue is there is cross connection sometimes.

Best part is i can use the trunk even for multiple simultaneous calls. Tried with 3 calls.

Thanks to this forum where I could learn about how to go through.
What you're doing here might be illegal or violation of terms of service. Be careful brother.