Possible to use the SIP/Voip from voice on FTTH with Freepbx or something similar?

@varkey
I just checked in traffic in my router found that some source IP(10.191.60.68) level not reachable from router itself.

After Call establishment with SIP server IP(10.187.7.x). RTP using 10.191.x.x level.

I tried to attach 10.191.x.x to voice interface using static route still those IP not reachable. Searching for other options

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 6.35.43 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 6.35.43 PM.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 321
Interesting @satek, I never looked at Asterisk. But setting BSNL as a trunk on Asterisk certainly sounds like a good plan.

I don't think you'd find a ready to use Asterisk config for BSNL.

Please do post here if you make good progress. 🚀
Asterisk found to be heavy for my ea4500 !! . So plan Asterisk on Openwrt 😕

When I select mode to bridge it jumps to INTERNET
Inkedont conf._LI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to select the service type as voice, cause if you are bridging, it doesn't matter. Select internet or other or something else.

Hi everyone, I am looking to setup SIP using a router. Currently, I only have the default Syrotech device so now, I am planing to buy a router just for the SIP purpose. I am looking for the cheapest available router which supports openwrt and all the required stuff. Any suggestions?

Even me too! Not sure how to use IP Telephony with LAN connection using my Airtel FTTH connection.
It will get easier thought if you are having the Airtel technician as your helper ..but assuming you dont have him as your guy next door . I am going to write this...My method may not give you a working soft phone but it will give you a insight
  1. You need to have a Landline over FTTH already working
  2. The working also depends a lot on your router ...Mine is a Alphion ONT-1143 provided by the BSNL which has a dedicated port for Telephone cable(RJ-11) ..Here I am stating my config just for you to seek the similarities due to ISP difference(Airtel and BSNL)
  3. Make sure router should not have any kind of firewall thing which restricts any SIP traffic.
  4. You should note the configuration from your router to use on the soft sip phone ..which requires but not limited to
  • Server address(main SIP address) [you may call it the landline server]
  • Outbound proxy address
  • VOIP username and password given to you by ISP (not your WAN username)
  • The port which is used for VOIP calling(usually 5060)
  1. Next you head over to the app which you`re gonna use and enter these details in their respective fields ...This should pretty much work and you should be able to make calls

I will try this with airtel, although when i called airtel for the sip password, they had no clue what i was taking about. They were like do you need the password for static ip address . I said no, sip stands for session initiation protocol for voip. ineed the username and password for that just like you have for pppoe. And they had no clue. although all the settings for SIP are there in my ONT just the password is hidden , if i can extract the password from the ONT then i think this can be done on airtel too.
It can be found in the HTML page by doing Inspect Element and you will find a plain password

It will get easier thought if you are having the Airtel technician as your helper ..but assuming you dont have him as your guy next door . I am going to write this...My method may not give you a working soft phone but it will give you a insight
  1. You need to have a Landline over FTTH already working
  2. The working also depends a lot on your router ...Mine is a Alphion ONT-1143 provided by the BSNL which has a dedicated port for Telephone cable(RJ-11) ..Here I am stating my config just for you to seek the similarities due to ISP difference(Airtel and BSNL)
  3. Make sure router should not have any kind of firewall thing which restricts any SIP traffic.
  4. You should note the configuration from your router to use on the soft sip phone ..which requires but not limited to
  • Server address(main SIP address) [you may call it the landline server]
  • Outbound proxy address
  • VOIP username and password given to you by ISP (not your WAN username)
  • The port which is used for VOIP calling(usually 5060)
  1. Next you head over to the app which you`re gonna use and enter these details in their respective fields ...This should pretty much work and you should be able to make calls
Were you able to get it to work?