Possible to use the SIP/Voip from voice on FTTH with Freepbx or something similar?

I ve configured bridge mode on my ONT to WLAN Port,

I ve raspberry PI, I ve connected my rpi to ONT WLAN and has manually set up the ip,gateway and dns (10.108.., etc..)

Then i ran siproxd in rpi, and used Zopier in phone to connect, It got connected with my bsnl credentials and when i try to call, i get
18:35:15 ERROR:sock.c:469 tcp_connect() failed
in siproxd logs in raspberry,

am i mising something?

@ssrahul96 you cannot use wlan for connecting to the bsnl private network ( 10.108.x.x) . Use the Ethernet for the (10.108.x.x) voip and use wlan for internet or your local home network. It worked for me.

@Elavarasan, I dont think its a problem, i could ping 10.187.7.12 (chn.ftthvoip.bsnl.in) thru wlan0 Interface in rpi
PING 10.187.7.12 (10.187.7.12) from 10.108.230.18 wlan0: 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 10.187.7.12: icmp_seq=1 ttl=60 time=2236 ms
64 bytes from 10.187.7.12: icmp_seq=2 ttl=60 time=2709 ms
64 bytes from 10.187.7.12: icmp_seq=3 ttl=60 time=6344 ms
64 bytes from 10.187.7.12: icmp_seq=4 ttl=60 time=6342 ms

@ssrahul96 yeah ping is possible normal trafic will work fine in this setup but sip/voip won't work i came to learn this with my experience and sip won't work fine behind nat and wlan without siproxy. I actually tried your similar setup ( 10.x.x.x in wlan and local network in ethernet ) didn't worked and end with using ethernet for sip/voip network and wlan for local home network/internet.

And one more thing see your ping response at max of 6.3 second 🤒 then how come it will work for a voip/sip this is what the wlan offers you. I think iam also belongs to the same sip server (10.108.7.12) as yours.

Last edited:
i am installing siproxy in raspberry pi and configured ONT and raspberry in bridge mode. I want to connect thru raspberry, Also the ping resp was sorted out, it was due to overlapping wifi channel, now, its <20ms.

both our sip server are similar because we are in neighbourhood town 🙂

Btw, In Zoiper app, I am getting SIP TCP as success

Last edited:
I am using the above method. I have a two D-Link routers connected to the Syrotech modem. The Ping is working. Zoiper is connected through Dlink. Facing problem during a call. The other person is unable to hear me. Also not getting phone ring during received calls. I was told there is a return path. How to find it? Do I have to add it to the Dlink router? By the way 2 way audio works when I am connected to syrotech wifi.

Last edited:
The BSNL router has a section called the VOIP for the Landline section
Its in the router Admin page (192.168.1.1)
@shashankb please forgive me if this question was already answered, but I tried to follow this entire thread but wasn't able to get zoiper5 working. I I have the same modem as you and I have disabled wifi and dhcp in LAN, the routing is done by a D-Link DIR-882, by connecting an ethernet cable from AONT 1143 to dlink.
ppp0_nas0_0​
0​
INTERNET​
PPPoE​
xx.xx.xx.xxx​
59.xx.xx.x​
nas0_1​
0​
VOICE​
IPoE​
10.111.xxx.xx​
10.111.xxx.x​
This is my current WAN configuration. I request your help in setting up the configurations as required. I also apologize in advance if I haven't mentioned all the necessary details.

@shashankb Okay, so not changing the current WAN configuration these are the steps that I followed:
  1. I went to PON WAN page to select new link. There, from the drop down, I clicked new link.
  2. Enabled VLAN, set it to 1831, 802.1p_Mark was left null
  3. Changed channel mode to IPoE
  4. Changed connection type to VOICE_INTERNET
  5. WAN settings was changed to DHCP and DNS request was also enabled
  6. None of the ports were mapped
  7. Clicked on apply changes, but the connection never went up.
Also, on an unrelated note, when I tried pinging kl.ftthvoip.bsnl.in(10.187.6.12) that also resulted in failure.
Is there any condition that either VOICE or only VOICE_INTERNET exists, but not both? I need voice for my land line, but SIP is good to have at my home.

You cannot ping the SIP server through the Internet you are using . Internet and Voice both are two different networks in simple language...You will need a router that runs Openwrt so that you can get to the SIP server by putting the Voice in bridge mode

You can add dialplan ( replace +91 country code, append 0 before mobile numbers) on siproxd config itself. No need to configure any sip client. Here is what I had done with my openwrt router.

First, install siproxd-mod-regex

opkg install siproxd-mod-regex

Then these commands

Code:
uci add_list siproxd.general.load_plugin 'plugin_regex.so'

uci add_list siproxd.general.plugin_regex_desc='country_code'
uci add_list siproxd.general.plugin_regex_pattern='^(sips?:)\+91'
uci add_list siproxd.general.plugin_regex_replace='\10'

uci add_list siproxd.general.plugin_regex_desc='append_0'
uci add_list siproxd.general.plugin_regex_pattern='^(sips?:)([0-9]{10}@)'
uci add_list siproxd.general.plugin_regex_replace='\10\2'
uci commit
/etc/init.d/siproxd restart

The above commands are similar to adding the following to /etc/config/siproxd

Code:
list load_plugin 'plugin_regex.so'

# replace indian coutry code +91 with 0
list plugin_regex_desc   = 'country_code'
list plugin_regex_pattern = '^(sips?:)\+91'
list plugin_regex_replace = '\10'

# append 0 if dialed number is 10 digits
list plugin_regex_desc    = 'append_0'
list plugin_regex_pattern =  '^(sips?:)([0-9]{10}@)'
list plugin_regex_replace = '\10\2'

I find the built-in SIP client in Android to be better than GS Wave. It's simple and just works.

If you enable SIP calling for all calls, you can make calls from the native dialer just like choosing the SIM to use for the call.

View attachment 1265View attachment 1266
Hey @varkey , how did you do that?
I have a Netlink modem and I tried a lot to setup voip on my native dialer on Samsung, Xiaomi, and Realme. It just didn't work. Have to rely on zoiper which is highly unreliable.

Ok, so I figured it out. The issue is that, SIP doesn't work so well when behind NAT, that's the reason when there is NAT involved, it fails.

To fix that, I used something called siproxd which is installed on my OpenWRT router. This acts like a proxy and works around the NAT issues by modifying the SIP requests and stuff on the fly.

Now I am able to make and receive calls with any SIP client, in fact I am able to make calls from Bangalore through my BSNL VOIP connection in Kerala (I use Zerotier for the remote connectivity) 🕺