Possibility of higher speeds at existing price in two months - BBNL

• Thread starter Thread starter alphaomega
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,811

alphaomega

ISP
BBNL ( 10 Mbps, Unlimited )
When paying my recent bill to BBNL, I enquired whether there was a 15 mbps ( unlimited ) connection and to my pleasant surprise, the guy who comes home to collect the money conveyed that the management of BBNL & cable groups in Bangalore are discussing about rolling out a 15 mbps connection for the same price point - Rs.1000 ( for which I get 10 mbps (unlimited) these days ). 😛leasantry:
This could be to tackle competition from ACT, You, Hathway & other cable/fiber ISPs, who have rolled out 15 mbps at Rs.999 for sometime now ( although with FUPs ).
If this is true, Jai Ho competition!
P.S: I would request BBNL to improve latency, jitter and to match promised speeds ( I get 70-80% of promised download & upload speeds ). Evenings ( peak time ) it would be down to 20% - 50% of promised speeds 💩 :nono: .

so is it for bangalore or all over india bbnl...

vj_0987 said:
ok..how is the speed and service
Speed is decent. For the 10 mbps plan, you get 7 - 8 mbps download and 3 mbps upload. The team responds to a complain in couple of hours.
Issue is its not completely reliable if you happen to do office work from home. If the line goes down for couple of hours, you will need to have an alternate internet backup like tata photon or something of that sort.

I had applied for BBNL connection in Mysore & waiting for more than one & a half month today the customer care lady told if you can't wait you can go for another service provider (after i got my current connection terminated). Most of the time they don't even answer my calls.

Hello MITHI,
BBNL broadband is there only in Bangalore City I believe. It will take sometime for them to roll their services in Mysore and other parts of Karnataka.

When paying my recent bill to BBNL, I enquired whether there was a 15 mbps ( unlimited ) connection and to my pleasant surprise, the guy who comes home to collect the money conveyed that the management of BBNL & cable groups in Bangalore are discussing about rolling out a 15 mbps connection for the same price point - Rs.1000 ( for which I get 10 mbps (unlimited) these days ). 😛leasantry:
This could be to tackle competition from ACT, You, Hathway & other cable/fiber ISPs, who have rolled out 15 mbps at Rs.999 for sometime now ( although with FUPs ).
If this is true, Jai Ho competition!
P.S: I would request BBNL to improve latency, jitter and to match promised speeds ( I get 70-80% of promised download & upload speeds ). Evenings ( peak time ) it would be down to 20% - 50% of promised speeds 💩 :nono: .

No much headway since I reported this way back in 2013. Its exactly a year and 10 days now and I am yet to get fiber from BBNL in my locality @ Sanjay Nagar. There was partial deployment of fiber till about KEB Layout in Sanjay Nagar and it was shelved.

However, recently again the network engineers said that they have started deployment and this time they are carrying the fiber laying from Ramana Maharishi auditorium end and had covered till about Food World on Sanjay Nagar main road. So the direction now should be Food World -> Vaibhav Theatre - > Axis Bank -> Krishna temple.....

They have also created new tariffs for regions covered and they have plans upto 50 mbps ( Limited & Unlimited options ) is what I hear. Hope these guys implement it fast.

If there is anybody from the forum from Sanjay Nagar with fiber connection from BBNL, do let me know some statistics of the connection - actual v/s promised speed, ping to India servers / UK / USA / Singapore / Japan, reliability, tariff etc.

New FFTH plans from BBNL ( RMV IT is the Local Cable Operator @ Sanjay Nagar, Bangalore )

50 mbps Rs.1499/- 75 gb cap ( FUP not mentioned)

25 mbps Rs.1099/- 50 gb cap ( FUP not mentioned )

10 mbps Rs.999 unlimited ( No FUP ) --- > I am using this. Need to convert this to FTTH tech for better latency & consistency. Currently delivered through co-axial cable )

5 mbps Rs.799 ( FUP 30 gb. After that at 512 kbps )

2 mbps Rs.699 ( FUP 40 gb. After that at 512 kbps )

1 mbps Rs. 599 unlimited

100 mbps ( launching soon ).................. 🙂 🙂 🙂