• Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 48,020

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So, almost six days have passed. Number has not switched. Who do I contact to get an update on my request?
Vodafone too has not sent any person for verification of the new owner of the number which I read is supposed to happen as well.

Ask Reliance at first place!

So, I need to call Reliance customer care? That is going to be fun. 😛issed-off:

Alright. First things first. Vodafone should have gotten the verification done by now. Ideally should happen within a day or two. Six days is way too much. I'd say contact vodafone.

Dad seems to be frustrated as well. He is pretty much ready to dump his old number and switch to a new number.
Also... Assuming that the CDMA SIM would not work on the GSM phone, I would have to migrate all numbers manually?

U might get surprise tom when u will visit Vodafone store, they might not have processed ur application and would be lying with them.Off topic, I wanted to share my experience at bsnl office today. I took one prepaid sim at same office on saturday last week but no. Was not activated. I got annoyed and went to office again today to inquire. To my surprise the forms were lying unprocessed with my 59 RS. Stapled on it. When I asked they said, Saturday was half day and people left early. I was apprehensive on Saturday itself when the front desk lady was processing my application as was not showing much interest in selling connection to me and was missing things like handing over the sim to me and not writing the sim no. On the forms. Bsnl seems to be loosing steam I suppose

Better delayed than rejection right? Would have to add more funds to dad's account so that the request is not rejected on the basis of unpaid dues.

Exactly. I might go ahead with the other plan. Convert Reliance CDMA to Reliance GSM. And get a new Vodafone connection. Nokia 206 is a dual SIM phone so it would be easy for him to migrate to the new number.

Technically, if your outstanding is 0, ie if you've cleared the last generated bill, you aren't supposed to pay anything more until the final post mnp rcdma bill is generated. But, sadly, the guidelines aren't very clear on this aspect.

Just do not want them to have any excuses. Do not mind losing 100-200 rupees.
Though from the looks of it, would have to get a new connection and convert the CDMA SIM to GSM.