• Thread starter Thread starter Deep Saha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 25,152

Deep Saha

4G LTE GeeK
ISP
Alliance Broadband Services
I am using Reliance Postpaid, can I port to Airtel Prepaid ?

If yes how ? I just got call from customer care of Airtel as I had given my number in MNP request to Airtel site and the agent said, I can only port from Reliance Postpaid to Airtel Postpaid and cannot port to Airtel Prepaid..

Is that true ? If not how can I port.

It "might" be easier to "convert" to Reliance Prepaid & then port...

But that Airtel agent was lying I feel. Was trying to benefit himself I guess..

If I port to reliance gsm then I have to wait again 90days for porting to Airtel or other

Yes its considered as a port moreover I contacted customer care.. they said as I am on Reliance 4G (Previously on CDMA) , I cannot port to GSM 😕

Worse case, take Airtel postpaid & switch over to prepaid after 3 months?

Or.. Check if you really need 3 months to convert Airtel postpaid to Airtel prepaid, as I personally thought convert is not the same as port..

yes applied for myPlan in airtel site hope they call and worst fact reliance UPC Code not generating ...

sent

PORT <mob_no> to 1900

sms gets delivered but no reply !

If you're porting to another cell phone company, then I think only postpaid to postpaid is possible. If you wanna switch to prepaid then you will have to stay with the same cell phone company. Because an agent told me this. I could be wrong though

I ported from MTNL, delhi (known as Dolphin) post-paid to Jio prepaid..... no issues....

My porting history for a number which I had taken initially as Corporate Postpaid.

Vodafone Corporate Postpaid > Vodafone Prepaid (after 90 days) > BSNL Prepaid (after 90 days) > Idea Prepaid (after 90 days) > Idea Corporate Postpaid > Idea General Postpaid (moved from Corp to General Postpaid after 6 months perhaps).
I never faced any issue during any porting, as Porting was generally done when number was in Prepaid mode.

That airtel executive is lying to you. Tell him you got reliance prepaid , doesn't matter.
You need to call rcom customer care to get the porting code.

yep it could be but better to do it from retailer where you ported as some extra incentive for port is credited via first recharge only.