Porting from Idea to Airtel

nope no option. the field on the otp is restricted to six characters which is the length of the number i get on text.

this page is pretty old and shows outdated information 😀

Credit Card One Time Password (OTP)

How do you use your Credit Card at an online merchant store?
At the merchant site, enter your Card details (no change from the existing process). You will then be directed to a Standard Chartered security page where you will be required to enter the OTP (One time Password) that is sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and complete the transaction.
Please note that the OTP will appear in lieu of the Verified by Visa/Mastercard Secure Password.
How will a supplementary Cardholder use the Credit Card at an online merchant store?
For supplementary Cardholders performing an online transaction, the OTP (One time password) will be sent to the primary Cardholder's registered mobile number. You will need to use this OTP to complete your transaction
What if I do not receive the OTP?
In case you do not receive the OTP within 120 seconds, you can request for another OTP by pressing the "Resend OTP" number. If you do not receive the OTP after multiple attempts, please call our Phone Banking numbers to ensure your mobile number is registered with us.

Credit Cards - VBV/MasterCard Secure Code – Standard Chartered Bank India

As usual, they call it a feature.

h2N4.jpg

Last time I checked with customer care, I was able to generate an OTP manually by calling their helpline and going through all the menus and shit. It would let me have a number that would work for 24 hours and for one transaction. That's it. Not even if even this option is available these days. Apparently, they had to create this option for credit card transactions that happened over phone.

HDFC CC has an option to type a '3D Secure' password instead of OTP. Whenever I initiate a transaction, it gives two options for authentication; one is 3D secure password and the other is the usual OTP.

Yup. Citibank does the same I believe. I actually have my friend's code for emergencies (his).

Airtel Store people gave me another SIM today. It is supposed to get activated in four hours.

same hi hai 😀 did not try out on the road as multiple trips to the outlets squeezed out all my energy in this heat. would keep posting. voice quality on airtel at my place is much much better than idea. i thought the issue was my phone. turns out it was idea! i can finally hear the other side loud and clear 😱

Actually i too had this same problem, was on vodafone and the voice quality was really very bad and i had too fully concentrate on the call as to understand what was being said and was of the opinion that my s3 is getting old😀, but after porting to airtel the voice quality is very good and clear all the times compared to vodafone; and my s3 gets a year extension 😊

Yup. They had to change my SIM twice to get me to where I am right now. I am getting LTE coverage indoors on the ground floor. And signal quality is good. Even received and answered a call in the basement. Would post update as I get to use the connection more. And speeds on the roads and inside the house.

Also applied for porting of mom's number from Vodafone to Airtel. Salesgirl was a bit too pushy today to get me to apply for Airtel MyPlan. It does sound like a good idea. A single unified bill for three connections where all three devices share calls/texts/data from the same package. I can use data. Dad and mom can use the calls. Might switch to it eventually.