portforwarding

ISP
bsnl broadband
as i am getting less speed in torrents i have decided to portforward my modem but my doubt is if i use portforwarding it will ask for static ip address will my ip address change if i switch of my modem and switch on after portforwarding pls help me? as i use link-removed to download if i have dynamic ip address there is no need to wait for time to time between downloads if i portward my modem it will change for static ip so can i download from link-removed without wait time?

^^^^Exactly..bridge mode is the best,no need for port forwarding..and an easy way to bypass link-removed wait time.....Which type of router do u have....if its ut300r2u may be i can help u out !!!

if you use a dialer to connect to the internet, then it is bridged modeif your internet works as soon as you switch on your modem , then it is ppoe mode.. when you reboot your modem.. your internal local ip 192.168.1.x usually does not change.. but your external ip 117.x.x.x or 59.x.x.x will change!!!

members/romanticking20201900/
i want to know what is my router?
Check the photos here and select your modem/router.
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU
or somewhere brandname/type Number will be shown in the modem.
For example Sterlite Siemens Utstar etc

can i use after port forwarding
You will get a "Fake" static IP for Port forwarding.
More details after identifying your modem.

hi friends i have UL 750+ with bsnl supplied type II modem (UTSTARCOM WA3002G4), is there any way to increase torrents download speed(normally i get 30-35 kbps and i am using bitcomet) by doing port forwarding, or is this the normal speed i get for my plan.pl do help me by answering my question. and i am a newbiethanks mahesh

Welcome to Broadbandforum.inHome 750 speed is 256Kbps max speed 32KB/sec. Means a1MB file/picture/program can be downloaded approx in 30 to 40 seconds. The speed you get 30-35 kbps kbps means 4KB/sec like a dialup connection !Check your speed at speedtest.net mumbai server and a distanct server.Give links or data.

thanks for your reply essbebe.

i typed my speed wrong its not kbps its 30-35 KBps, i have given my speedtest.net results below.

mumbai server

----------------------------------------------
Anchorage, AK

thanks

mahesh