Port to Jio from Airtel Family Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Aashish.007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 7,735
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
I am currently on Airtel 999/- family plan and want to move to jio, but Airtel is currently blocking my Port code. How do I proceed?

iirc someone on forum mentioned that you can't port out till you disconnect yourself from the family plan first.

Yup Airtel & Vodafone don't allow porting for numbers in 'special plans'. Only option is to get out of these plans again there could be a lockin period before which you can port. Don't give them porting as the reason for quitting a special plan.

Last edited:
You have to remove the number you want to port from the Family Plan.
Why do you want to port? What are the advantages of Jio Family Plan over Airtel Family Plan?

Last edited:
I was using the 999/- plan with 3 free voice and 1 free data only.
Now they are revamping the plan and made it to 2 free addons total. This will cost me 700Rs extra per month over the 1180Rs I already pay.
With jio I will be paying only 1180 and also get Netflix basic plan free.

I have been on the same family plan for over a year now(1 +3 +1 data) with data roll over(i get 380 gb every month) even paid my current bill for ₹1178.82 .Dont think they can change your existing plan.

Reactions: SVK
wow. Thanks for sharing this!
I am also switching to some other postpaid plan if they force me from the 750 INR postpaid plan like this. 😕

I used to think that postpaid users continue paying the same price more or less even when that plan is no longer available but I guess that's not the case.

Maybe my 6 months were over and hence they were moving me out as 1 joined over 1 year ago.. anyways people keep an eye out on your text messages.

Hi, effective 26-Feb-22, your current Airtel Mobile <redacted> plan will get revised to Infinity Family Plan 798. The new rental will be Rs798 and data add-on will be charged at Rs.99. Enjoy unlimited calls, 125 GB with roll-over, 1 free family add-on & 100 SMS per day. Also, get Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar VIP & much more, T&C*. For more information, visit Airtel

I currently pay 750+18%

798 plan only has 1 free family addon so I guess I'll be charged an additional 99 for the data number and 299 for the data/voice number.

why not get rid of Amazon prime and disney crap and reduce the plan's price smh

I thought postpaid plans don't have price increase like prepaid for existing users instead the plans gets grandfathered for existing users

Tbh I think it's better to switch now. These days the service quality has degraded a lot too. In 2020 I used to get 100Mbps and now I suffer while I wait for wikipedia to load. Also postpaid plans are only worth if you use family addons what do you guys think?