Port forwarding on ZTE 670L (ISP: Netplus)?

• Thread starter Thread starter ancap69
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,664
ISP
WIred: netplus
Mobile: Airtel
I have a 70 MBPS plan from Netplus, router model is ZTE 670L and I want to enable port forwarding.

Only reason is, I have just started learning web development and currently I just want to test out my localhost webserver from another device on the internet. I have no experience with setting up a web server. But I learned a little bit about static IPs and port forwarding.

I haven't got a static IP yet (I don't want it, I just want to try it, dynamic IP would work for me). I just tried doing port forwarding. I followed this article (skipped the static IP part): Simple Instructions to Help Setup a Port Forward on the ZTE F670 Router and forwarded to port 80

But it doesn't work. My browser isn't able to access it.

Do I have to request my ISP for port forwarding? And pay extra for it?

the thing is you are behind CGNAT,so you cant access your website from outside your network or any service you are hosting on your network,if you want to host website which you can access from your mobile network and other isp's so you need a static ip,i have tried their static ip and it does work,i hosted game servers,people can ping and connect to that server,so yeah port forwarding doesnt work if you are behind CGNAT,it will only forward your localports.