• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,386
D

Deleted member 63558

Hi, I want to Port Forward Port 32400.

This is my Networking Setup

9XSSWID.png

UBNT Router: EdgeRouter X v1.10.8

ISP's TP-Link Modem: TP-Link Wireless N Router WR841N (Model No. TL-WR841N)

Firmware version (TP-Link):
0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 180319 Rel.57291n

Hardware version (TP-Link): TL-WR841N v14 00000014

Tracert to Google.com:

MRTnFHe.png

How to do it?

I tried to follow the Google's Results but couldn't find solution.

Thanks

Just curious, why do you have the TP-Link device? Why not connect the ISP cable directly to the EdgeRouter X? Looks like you have double NAT within your home network itself.

I'm not sure what all you have tried. But the following should work.
Assuming you want to forward for 8080 to your PC's port 32400. Assuming PC IP = 192.168.1.210
1. On your main TP-Link router forward port 8080 to ER-X port 32400, i.e., 192.168.1.1:32400(Forward both TCP, UDP or as per your requirement).
2. Then on your edgerouter again forward port 8080 to your local PC's port 32400, i.e., 192.168.1.200:32400

Try running a small nc (netcat) server on your local pc, and connecting to it using the public IP to see if it works.

I don't know why you have a TP-Link as WAN-in when the Edgerouter will do that perfectly fine. If you still need it, use TP-link's DMZ function to whitelist your Edgerouter so technically there is only 1 NAT and all firewall can be performed from Edgerouter instead of two locations with double NAT.

Add Edgerouter's IP here:

Any port forwarding will then be done via Edgerouter only.

Edit: I assume this forwarding is done to access Plex? I'd recommend a VPN approach instead as it's much safer. You can use the VPN in Edgerouter and access all of your home network devices when you're connected to it if you need. Just a food for thought 🙂

Nope, excitel doesn't support it. The IP address they give for WAN is behind another NAT which we don't have access to.

Okay. So there is no way I could do port-forwarding with Excitel? @achaudhary997 so that I could access some stuff outside the network (want to access on public ip)?

Nope, excitel doesn't support it. The IP address they give for WAN is behind another NAT which we don't have access to.

I always wonder how Spectra does it. Spectra also gives a private WAN side IP address behind NAT, but then NAT-PMP works and it automatically forwards the ports that we need. Although only ports above 10000 or so, which is more than enough.

@varkey Haha. Spectra > Excitel.

This is what I've been saying, people are a lot biased towards Excitel for no reason. 😉

NAT-PMP is the savior of this problem of Dual NAT. Of course, Excitel don't have money to implement it.

Another reason for not continuing with Excitel.